migration from macronix mx25lm51245G to s28hl512t

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Casper_LScontro
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Dear Cypress support.

Is it possible to have a similar guide as AN218664 for the s28hl512t instead?

I'm trying to replace the mx25lm51245G  with s28hl512t for a project using stm32h735 MCU. 

I got the SDR working but the flash wont accept the double command for the DDR mode, this can be a fault in my implementation of the hal code running on the stm32h7.

The LLR code given by you only state the single commands in the .h file. In the data sheet the DDR commands seems to just be 2 bytes of the SDR commands. 

The macronix uses 2 CFR registers where as for the s28hl512t there is used 5. 

can you explain how this could affect my implentation, when trying to modify the mx25lm51245G  driver due to the need for a external loader file for the stmcubeprogrammer?

Best regards Casper

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello Casper,

Cypress' Ecosystems expert has responded with the following recommendation :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SEMPER Flash are not yet qualified by ST. This apply both for SEMPER with Octa SPI and SEMPER with HyperBus.

However, our Hyper devices are qualified by ST, i.e. our HyperRAM and HyperFlash

ST Octa SPI Memory Controllers are able to support both Octa SPI Flash and HyperFlash/RAM.

• As thus I recommend to LS Controls they use our S26KL512SDA 512Mb 3V HyperFlash instead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps...

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor Corp.

An Infineon Technologies Company

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
AlbertB_56

Hello Casper,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

Please allow me to  research this issue.  I will communicate any new information

to you as soon as it becomes available.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes
AlbertB_56

Hello Casper,

I am currently checking with the Ecosystem Chipset expert in regards to MCU compatibility.   I will communicate any new information to you, as soon as it becomes available.

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

Hello Albert,

thank you for your time i look forward to your answer.

Best regards Casper

0 Likes

Dear Albert,

I can't find my reply so sorry if you recieve it twice.

We got a bit stuck on the read ID we only get 0x888888 as reply when using the command 0x9f9f, so we look forward to your reply.

Best regards Casper

0 Likes
AlbertB_56

Hello Casper,

Cypress' Ecosystems expert has responded with the following recommendation :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The SEMPER Flash are not yet qualified by ST. This apply both for SEMPER with Octa SPI and SEMPER with HyperBus.

However, our Hyper devices are qualified by ST, i.e. our HyperRAM and HyperFlash

ST Octa SPI Memory Controllers are able to support both Octa SPI Flash and HyperFlash/RAM.

• As thus I recommend to LS Controls they use our S26KL512SDA 512Mb 3V HyperFlash instead

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps...

Best regards,

Albert

0 Likes

Hello Albert,

thank you for the feedback and suggestions, we will have a look at S26KL512SDA 512Mb 3V HyperFlash and see if they are getting back in stock at our distributors.

Best Regards Casper

0 Likes
Casper_LScontro
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Dear Albert I have been in contact with ST regarding the issue. 

I got the following respons that the driver should work but the init of the OCTO spi interface is different.

Casper_LScontro_0-1628520975186.png

Can you confirm this?

Best regards Casper

0 Likes