Suffix "E" (S29AL016J70BFI010E)

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
KaOy_2535551
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Please tell me.

What means this Suffix "E"?

1. S29AL016J70BFI010

↓

2. S29AL016J70BFI010E

COO of No.1 is Thailand.

Which Country is COO of No.2 ?

Best Regards

0 Likes
1 Solution
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

Please do not confuse yourself with the last letter character "E", as it is not part of the ordering part number (OPN) scheme.

The last letter character designator is for Cypress' internal tracking purposes only, and has no significance in regards to form,

fit, function and/or operation of the S29AL016J70BFI010, itself.  Therefore please do not include the "E" as part of the OPN.

Which letter/character designator within the OPN indicates that #1 is originally from Thailand?  I personally do not see a letter

designator withinin the OPN that indicates the S29AL016J70BFI010 is from Thailand.   Please clarify and advise.

Thank you and best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

Please do not confuse yourself with the last letter character "E", as it is not part of the ordering part number (OPN) scheme.

The last letter character designator is for Cypress' internal tracking purposes only, and has no significance in regards to form,

fit, function and/or operation of the S29AL016J70BFI010, itself.  Therefore please do not include the "E" as part of the OPN.

Which letter/character designator within the OPN indicates that #1 is originally from Thailand?  I personally do not see a letter

designator withinin the OPN that indicates the S29AL016J70BFI010 is from Thailand.   Please clarify and advise.

Thank you and best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes
KaOy_2535551
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Albert ,

Thank you for your reply.
I understood that we don't need suffix "E" for the OPN.
---------
Country of Origin (COO) of this parts is Thailand.
Is this right?

I saw "NOR Flash FAQs - KBA222273".
I guess that Suffix was mean Fab or COO.
So I asked in this community.
May I recognize that CYPRESS already do not use suffix "E"?

-------FAQs - KBA222273".---------------------
Some distributor part number has extra suffix. For example, S29AL016D70BFI020 with extra suffix E or (E). What does "E" mean?

The extra suffix was earlier used by erstwhile Spansion to represent the Fab/Assy location. After the acquisition of Spansion by Cypress, a different format is used. Create a Technical Support case to obtain the specific Fab/Assy location.
-----------------------------------------------

Best Regards

0 Likes

Hello,

Again, please do not confuse yourself with the last letter character "E", as it is not part of the ordering part number (OPN) scheme,

as the last letter character designator is for Cypress' internal tracking purposes only.

The actual Country of Origin (COO) is found within the date code that is labeled on the topside of the package.  Please provide a

photo of the date code that is currently labeled on the topside of the package.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes