Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
sudan
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I understand the basics of raw NAND. It supports block erase and page read/write. NAND datasheets mention the program/erase (P/E) cycle as the limit to the number of writes/erases that can be done on NAND respectively. I also understand that after P/E cycles are exhausted for a particular page/block respectively that particular block goes bad and data in the block cannot be changed (0's cannot be reverted to 1's once the block goes bad).

My question is, can a block go bad before the P/E cycles for that particular block are exhausted? and can issues like sudden power loss, voltage fluctuations cause a block to go bad?

The question is specific to the generation of bad blocks and not other issues like read-disturb or ECC corruption. The question also doesn't count factory-generated BAD blocks.

0 Likes
1 Solution
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

We currently do not have NAND memory business. We request you to contact SkyHigh memory for all your queries related to NAND flash devices.

Cypress Press Release: Cypress Announces Closing of Joint Venture Transaction with SK hynix system ic

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

We currently do not have NAND memory business. We request you to contact SkyHigh memory for all your queries related to NAND flash devices.

Cypress Press Release: Cypress Announces Closing of Joint Venture Transaction with SK hynix system ic

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes