S70GL02GT Flash communication issue

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
gmanolak
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I have probed address line 25 and 26 to see it toggle between bank 0-3. I am able to write erase and see the device ID up to sector address 3FF0000H which shows the first flash in the block diagram, yet when I try to write anything above or even read device ID above, I cannot read any device id, is there a algorithm or something that chooses which flash block it uses besides bit 26 and 25 on the pin side?

Thanks,

George M. 

0 Likes
1 Solution
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support, an Infineon Technologies Company.  

S70GL02GT is a dual-die device with single CE# (i.e., CE# on two dies are tied together internally). A26 is used to distinguish the two dies. To access the 2nd die, all the addresses need to have A26=1. For example, program data into the 2nd die, all the command cycles (including Unlock1, Unlock2, Program command, Program data) need to have A26=1.

We don't understand what you mean by bank 0-3. S70GL02GT contains two GL01GT dies. Each GL01GT is a single bank device. So at any given time, only one embedded operation (e.g., programming, erasing etc.) is allowed on one die.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Technical Support, an Infineon Technologies Company.  

S70GL02GT is a dual-die device with single CE# (i.e., CE# on two dies are tied together internally). A26 is used to distinguish the two dies. To access the 2nd die, all the addresses need to have A26=1. For example, program data into the 2nd die, all the command cycles (including Unlock1, Unlock2, Program command, Program data) need to have A26=1.

We don't understand what you mean by bank 0-3. S70GL02GT contains two GL01GT dies. Each GL01GT is a single bank device. So at any given time, only one embedded operation (e.g., programming, erasing etc.) is allowed on one die.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
gmanolak
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

Appologies, I understand this has answered my quesiton, i did not realize having to hold 26 high through the unlocking sequence, I didnt see that in the datasheet. 

Thanks,

George Manolakis

0 Likes