S70FL01GS

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Elyasaf
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hi

i work with S70FL01GS.

I want to work with 32 bit address and to do PP

Dose i need to write "12" command to write or i need to configure  ExtAdd=1 and after it to send "02" command.

(Page 96 Data sheet of S25FL512S

This 02h (ExtAdd=1) is followed by a 4-byte address (A31-A0) or
 This 12h is followed by a 4-byte address (A31-A0))

Thanks

Elyasaf

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Elyasaf,

Both ways work. 

• The 02h command will expect 3 byte address if the ExtAdd bit is set to 0.
  • The 02h command will expect 4 byte address if the ExtAdd bit is set to 1.
  • The 12h command will always expect 4 byte address irrespective of the status of ExtAdd bit.

Therefore, for working with 32 bit address, you can either set the ExtAdd bit to 1 and use 02h command or directly use the 12h command.

Thank you and Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Apurva_S

Hi Elyasaf,

Both ways work. 

• The 02h command will expect 3 byte address if the ExtAdd bit is set to 0.
  • The 02h command will expect 4 byte address if the ExtAdd bit is set to 1.
  • The 12h command will always expect 4 byte address irrespective of the status of ExtAdd bit.

Therefore, for working with 32 bit address, you can either set the ExtAdd bit to 1 and use 02h command or directly use the 12h command.

Thank you and Regards.

0 Likes

Thanks

another question.

I see that if the date (in some address) is 0x05  -  00000101 and i write again to the same address  0x0c -00001100 i will see 0x00000100 but i didn't see "0x0c"

only  1 could be change to 0 but 0 can't be change to 1 without erase command. 

but in page 8 (DS S25FL512S 1.3 Glossary ) it's written that write command include erase command? 

WRITE "An operation that changes data within volatile or nonvolatile registers bits or nonvolatile flash
memory. When changing nonvolatile data, an erase and reprogramming of any unchanged
nonvolatile data is done, as part of the operation, such that the nonvolatile data is modified by the
write operation, in the same way that volatile data is modified – as a single operation. The
nonvolatile data appears to the host system to be updated by the single write command, without the
need for separate commands for erase and reprogram of adjacent, but unaffected data.

Thanks ELY

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi ELY,

I would like to inform you that this ‘write’ only refers to the write operation that we perform on registers. The embedded operation to write new data to the non-volatile flash memory array is termed as ‘program’ and does not include erase.

There is no Write command for the nonvolatile Flash Memory array. It is only for Registers.

Hope that answers your question.

Thank you and Regards.

0 Likes

Hi

Thanks for all of your answers.

In my design I programmed the flash. and I want to save the last address which i used ,so that if the power would shut down i will not program the  same address  and i will start programming from another address.

i can put this date in another address but in my process i don't have  time for another  PP (. 

Do you have any idea how i can put this (32 bit)date in Nonvolatile register and then if the power will be shut down I can read this  data (Assuming the writing time for the register is fast  than programming).

the address is 32 bit.

thanks 

Ely

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi Ely

Unfortunately we do not have such registers inside our flash device which could be used to store user data. You will have to implement some logic on the controller side.

Thank you and Regards.

0 Likes