S29GL032N NOR flash command error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ankur
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

I am currently using Analog devices "ADSP-BF534BBC-4A" controller with "S29GL032N" NOR flash. I am using "0x20000000UL" as base address over which i am accessing Nor flash memory. When i try to run this using "Multi" simulator i am getting system error i.e. memory violation error for unlock command i.e. "0x555"-"AA".

Am i missing something in this?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

As per my understanding you are simulating the verilog models of both Analog Devices "ADSP-BF534BBC-4A" controller with "S29GL032N", am I correct?

"system error i.e. memory violation error" : This seems like an error from the microcontroller side and you may need to contact AD for this.

I can suggest you some general points to keep in mind while using verilog models for our flash devices - 

• Always make sure to download and use the most recent model available on the website.
  • It is recommended to perform simulations using SDF file.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Apurva_S

Hi,

Can you please clarify whether you are testing on an actual device or are you performing a simulation?

Please elaborate the description of your problem a bit further. What are you exactly trying to do with the flash? Is this "system error i.e. memory violation error" an error specific to your microcontroller?

Regards.

0 Likes
ankur
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

We are testing on simulator of "ADSP-BF534BBC-4A" with the help of "Multi" IDE. 

We have written low level drivers of "S29GL032N" NOR flash into the microcontroller. When we tried to run this on simulator we got error "system error i.e. memory violation error" onto the microcontroller level simulator.

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi,

As per my understanding you are simulating the verilog models of both Analog Devices "ADSP-BF534BBC-4A" controller with "S29GL032N", am I correct?

"system error i.e. memory violation error" : This seems like an error from the microcontroller side and you may need to contact AD for this.

I can suggest you some general points to keep in mind while using verilog models for our flash devices - 

• Always make sure to download and use the most recent model available on the website.
  • It is recommended to perform simulations using SDF file.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have more questions.

Regards.

0 Likes