S29GL01GP write buffer programming

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I use FPGA to operate flash devices  S29GL01GP by writing buffer programing, the system can write 32 words in one programing operation. I intend to write 128K byte data to flash  each time, the signal wave in figure write.                                                                             

But when  I read the data from the flash, I can only read first 32 words data. All other data are 0xffff. the signal wave in figure read. Who can tell me  this write way is correct  or not?

Thanks for your attention and answer !

0 Likes
4 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

As per my understanding you are using write buffer programming method to program 128 KByte of memory, but you are able to read correct data from only the first 32 words. Is my understanding correct? If yes, could you please make sure you are following the steps mentioned in table "Write Buffer Program" in page 23 of the datasheet for each of the write buffer programming operation? Also, please provide waveforms for 2 different write operations.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello

am also facing similar issue with s29glo1gp chip. am using this chip with p1021 procesor.

with flashcp am able to write only 2 bytes. if am giving more than 2 bytes , it is giving time out error.

Thanks for your attention and answer !

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Chaitanya,

Are yo performing Write buffer programming ? Please tell me the order in which you are doing the write operation.

Can you please send us your code so that we can review and update you.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Chaitanya,

When I say the order I mean, the sequence of operation as mentioned in the datasheet i.e two unlock cycles,Write Buffer Load Command and write word count.

Thanks.

0 Likes