S29GL-T Automatic Sleep Mode to Standby Time Question

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChVi_4728226
Level 1
Level 1
First like given

Is my understanding of the Automatic Sleep Mode correct? The device enters Automatic Sleep Mode if address doesn't change for 140nS, and remains in automatic sleep mode for 8µs before returning to Standby. Can the device leave Automatic Sleep Mode any sooner than 8µs?

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

As you can see from the datasheet (S29GL512T), typical value of tASSB spec (Automatic Sleep to Standby time) is 5us and maximum value is 8us. It means, GL-T device can change from automatic sleep mode to standby mode before 8us, but we cannot guarantee it in all devices. We can guarantee that GL-T device will not take more than 8us to change from automatic sleep mode to standby mode. I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask if you need any clarifications.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

As you can see from the datasheet (S29GL512T), typical value of tASSB spec (Automatic Sleep to Standby time) is 5us and maximum value is 8us. It means, GL-T device can change from automatic sleep mode to standby mode before 8us, but we cannot guarantee it in all devices. We can guarantee that GL-T device will not take more than 8us to change from automatic sleep mode to standby mode. I hope this answers your query. Please feel free to ask if you need any clarifications.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

Thanks! Does sleep mode have any impact on access times? Or does it just reduce current usage?

0 Likes

Hello,

Automatic sleep mode will not affect any of the timing specs.

It reduces power consumption during slow read accesses.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes