S25FS512SDSMFI011

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
527kevinm
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked Welcome!

I need an idea of how long it would take (in an emergency) to erase the entire flash chip.  Lets assume large 64KB blocks

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please note the device S25FS512SDSMFI011 does not support 64KB erase operations. It supports only the following sector architectures. You cannot erase a memory area with size less than sector size. You can see the sector address map on page 43 of the datasheet (https://www.cypress.com/file/216376/download).

1. Hybrid sector option
    Physical set of eight 4-KB sectors and one 224-KB sector at the top or bottom of address space with all remaining sectors of 256-KB
  2. Uniform sector option
    Uniform 256-KB blocks

Time required for erase operations are given in the "Table 50. Program and Erase Performance" on page 115 of the datasheet. 

SudheeshK_0-1616996952357.png

I hope this answers your query. Please let me know, if you need more information.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

Please note the device S25FS512SDSMFI011 does not support 64KB erase operations. It supports only the following sector architectures. You cannot erase a memory area with size less than sector size. You can see the sector address map on page 43 of the datasheet (https://www.cypress.com/file/216376/download).

1. Hybrid sector option
    Physical set of eight 4-KB sectors and one 224-KB sector at the top or bottom of address space with all remaining sectors of 256-KB
  2. Uniform sector option
    Uniform 256-KB blocks

Time required for erase operations are given in the "Table 50. Program and Erase Performance" on page 115 of the datasheet. 

SudheeshK_0-1616996952357.png

I hope this answers your query. Please let me know, if you need more information.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes