S25FL164 startet to experience production issues

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

We have been using the S25FL164K0XB on one of our products for years.

We have made several batches.

No changes have been made to production setup, electronics (PCB, schem, BOM etc) or to bootloader and firmware.

However on the latest batch of this product roughly 1/3 of produced units failed to properly boot after being flash with firmware.

multiple x-rays and quality checks have been made on PCB.

We had production change the flash on 20 failing units and then reprogram. After this 17 passed and 3 failed.

We got our S25FL from trusted supplier, but we also tryed ordering a new batch from another supplier (digi-key) and now tried the same test again: 20 failed units, replace flash. Result 16passed 4 failed.

Could be a timing issue.

However what boggles me is, we have changed nothing from older batches to now.

Have there been a change or some errata to the S25FL164, and where do i find information about this?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

Q) Have there been a change or some errata to the S25FL164, and where do i find information about this?

A) There is no errata associated with this part.  I have checked our internal database also and did not find any errata. For your information if at all there is errata related to device it will be mentioned in the datasheet under Errata section.

Incase if you are going for new designs please note that it is Not Recommended for New designs (NRND).

Can you tell me from how long you are using these boards. As you mentioned it could be timing issues. Are you programming using third party programmers or In system programming.?

Thanks,

Krishna.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Krishna

Thanks for your answer.

We are programming using the PE Micro Multilink Universal FX

We have been using the boards aproximatly 2 years

0 Likes