Program SPI flash of CYW43907 using external processor

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
hibh_4839301
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First reply posted First question asked

Hello Community,

I want to upgrade the firmware of the CYW43907 from stm32 controller.

I have found the pins on the Quicksilver Evaluation board. 

I am putting the binary files of the CYW43907 in the STM32 firmware. I am also aware about the locations of the binary files to write in the flash memory.

Now, I want to write the driver in the STM controller to program the Nor flash memory of CYW43907.

Can anyone suggest which document or code I should refer for writing SPI nor flash. Like, I may require to write some status register for spi flash write, read.

Thanks,

Hiren

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Hiren,

Please see this AN - AN98542 - Designing a Serial Peripheral Interface (cypress.com). It will provide you a basic overview of SPI interface of our Flash devices. Section '5.2 Page Program Operation and How to Check Status' tells you the detailed steps of programming. 

Kindly go through the AN once, then let me know if you have any more queries.

You can also consider using our low level driver for SPI flash in your application. You can download the driver from here - Low Level Driver for SPI Flash (cypress.com).  A sample project implementation using the LLD is attached in this thread - Solved: S25FL064L 64-Mb (8-MB), 3.0 V FL-L SPI Flash Memor - Cypress Developer Community. You can also go through it for better understanding.

Thank you and Regards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies