Is there any difference in assembly/build technology between variation of S25FL512S?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
milic_3989241
Level 1
Level 1

I found there are lots of variant of S25FL512S chip depend the reset, speed and temperature rating. I like to know are they the same die and built at the same plant and use the same assembly technology?

We use S25FL512SDSMFB010 in our product and qualified with temperature and shock. But it is difficult to buy some times. If I use the different variant, how much performance affected?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hello lhsw_3989241,

Thank you for your response...

Purchasing FLASH memory Product from Digikey does not provide any useful information in regards

to the Ordering Part Number (OPN) variant you are interested in, as there are more than one OPN

variant.

"S" = 65nM process technology node.

Digikey is an authorized Cypress Distributor.

Again, please provide the complete ordering part number (OPN) at your earliest convenience

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
AlbertB_56
500 replies posted 50 likes received 250 replies posted

Hello lhsw_3989241,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Semiconductor.

Please provide the complete Ordering Part Number (OPN) of the different variant FLASH memory device you wish to use.

Please respond at your earliest convenience.

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes

Hi Alberta,

We buy them from Digikey.

0 Likes

Hello lhsw_3989241,

Thank you for your response...

Purchasing FLASH memory Product from Digikey does not provide any useful information in regards

to the Ordering Part Number (OPN) variant you are interested in, as there are more than one OPN

variant.

"S" = 65nM process technology node.

Digikey is an authorized Cypress Distributor.

Again, please provide the complete ordering part number (OPN) at your earliest convenience

Best regards,

Albert

Cypress Semiconductor

0 Likes

HI Albert,

I may confused with Ordering Part Number (OPN), where can I find it if i have the chip?

0 Likes

hi Albert,

I may confused with the Ordering Part Number (OPN), where can I find that?

0 Likes