I have a question about Erace Suspend / Erase Resume on S29JL032.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JUTA_2823561
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Macnica (Japan)
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Hi support team

I have a question about Erace Suspend / Erase Resume on S29JL032.

question 1

Is P / E once even if suspend / resume is repeated multiple times while erasing a sector?

Question 2

Suspend / resume multiple times while erasing a sector.

Is it necessary to maintain the normal operating state for at least that long in order for the erasing operation to proceed even a little?

Regards,

Junya

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Junya san,

Please see below -

Question 1:

Yes, PE cycle will only be counted as 1 even if the erase operation is suspended/resumed multiple times during its execution.

Question 2:

As per our understanding, you want to know about the tERS spec (Erase Resume to Next Erase Suspend), please correct me if I am wrong.

Although, tERS spec is not mentioned in the JL-J datasheet, we can find out that answer from the below paragraph. Multiple Erase Suspend is allowed. Upon resume the device will be back to erase mode, it’s safe to wait for 50us before next suspend.

pastedImage_0.png

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Apurva

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi Junya san,

Question 1:

Yes, PE cycle will only be counted as 1 even if the erase operation is suspended/resumed multiple times during its execution.

Question 2:

I am checking internally.

Thank you and Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes
JUTA_2823561
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Apurva

Thankyou for your support.

Do you have any update?

Thank you and Regards,

Junya

0 Likes
JUTA_2823561
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Apurva

Do you have any update?

I am sorry to ask you but please send me update infomation at your earliest convenience.

Thank you and Regards,

Junya

0 Likes

Hi Junya san,

Please see below -

Question 1:

Question 2:

As per our understanding, you want to know about the tERS spec (Erase Resume to Next Erase Suspend), please correct me if I am wrong.

Although, tERS spec is not mentioned in the JL-J datasheet, we can find out that answer from the below paragraph. Multiple Erase Suspend is allowed. Upon resume the device will be back to erase mode, it’s safe to wait for 50us before next suspend.

pastedImage_0.png

Let me know if this answers your question.

Regards,

Apurva

0 Likes
JUTA_2823561
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Apurva

I'm sorry that the question is not clear.

My question is not a tERS spec.

I will do to Erase Suspend and Erase Resume frequently.

At that time, I am concerned that the Erase operation will not proceed because the interval between suspend and resume is too short.

Is it possible that the Erase operation does not proceed as described above?

If so, please tell me the interval (maximum value) between suspend and resume that the Erase operation does not proceed.

Thank you and Regards,

Junya

0 Likes
JUTA_2823561
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Apurva

Do you have any update?

Thank you and Regards,

Junya

0 Likes

Hi Junya san,

I discussed your query internally with our product experts. We think your question matches with the tERS timing spec. Please see the definition of the tERS spec in the GL-S datasheet for a reference -

pastedImage_0.png

Though JL-L datasheet does not define tERS, but 50us interval is safe to proceed the erase.

- Apurva

0 Likes