I am using S25FL512SAGMFI013 in my design. By default this device comes in 3 byte mode. How can I set to 4 byte mode. EXTADR bit is volatile bit. Is there any other way to set the mode?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ananc_851086
Level 1
Level 1

I am using S25FL512SAGMFI013 in my design. By default this device comes in 3 byte mode. How can I set to 4 byte mode. In the datasheet, it is telling to set  EXTADR bit for enabling 4 byte mode. But this is a volatile bit. Is there any other way to set the mode?

0 Likes
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Anurag,

Extended 4byte/32-bit addresses are enabled in three ways:

 Bank address register — a software (command) loadable internal register that supplies the high order bits of address when legacy 24-bit addresses are in use.

 Extended address mode — a bank address register bit that changes all legacy commands to expect 32 bits of address supplied from the host system.

 New commands — that perform both legacy and new functions, which expect 32-bit address

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes

Hi Krishna,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using this flash as boot device for my processor which is configured to boot from 32 bit SPI NOR flash. But on power on, SPI flash will come up in 3 byte mode so my processor is not able to boot. So can you suggest how can I hard code that flash to boot always in 4 byte mode.

Thanks

Anurag

0 Likes