Hi,would you tell me that how to comfirm the page size of S25FL128SAGNFI000?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xiaowei_li_3787
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,would you tell me that how to comfirm the page size of S25FL128SAGNFI000?

i can't find it in the datasheet of the chip.

Thanks .

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Page size for S25FL128SAGNFI000 is 256B.

You can confirm the page size from the device Model Number in its OPN(Ordering Part Number).

For S25FL128SAGNFI000, Model Number is 0 = Uniform 64-KB sectors.

See following Notes 62 in the datasheet.

62. Uniform 64-KB sectors = A hybrid of 32 x 4-KB sectors with all remaining sectors being 64 KB, with a 256B programming buffer

Regards,

Nada

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Page size for S25FL128SAGNFI000 is 256B.

You can confirm the page size from the device Model Number in its OPN(Ordering Part Number).

For S25FL128SAGNFI000, Model Number is 0 = Uniform 64-KB sectors.

See following Notes 62 in the datasheet.

62. Uniform 64-KB sectors = A hybrid of 32 x 4-KB sectors with all remaining sectors being 64 KB, with a 256B programming buffer

Regards,

Nada

0 Likes

Hi , Thank you so much for replying.

There is another question, how do I confirm that  the chip(S25FL128SAGNFI000) is Bottom 4-kbyte Sectors or Top 4-kbyte Sectors?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Please refer to section 7.5.2 Configuration Register 1(CR1) in the datasheet page 50~52.

You can try to read the contents of CR1 register using command RDCR (35h) to confirm.

TBPARM CR1[2] defines the logical location of the parameter block. When TBPARM is set to a 1 the parameter block is in the top of the memory array address space. When TBPARM is set to a 0 the parameter block is at the Bottom of the array. TBPARM is OTP and set to a 0 when it ships from Cypress. If TBPARM is programmed to 1, an attempt to change it back to 0 will fail and set the Program Error bit (P_ERR in SR1[6]).

Thanks,

Nada

0 Likes

Hi , Nada, Thank you so much for replying.

It really helps a lot...

But so sorry to bother you , thers is another question that i don't konw..

At the Sector Erase part, after the erase command is sent to the chip, the internal erase cycle will be initiated, and the WIP bit will indicate

a 0 when the erase cycle has been completed.

But where could I know the how long is the erase cycle? or how long the sector erase command takes to complete the sector erase step(after the CS# is set to high)?

And for the Bulk erses commond, the erset cycle is the same time?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed. I believe my colleague had answered your queries in the other thread you created.

For S25FL128SAGNFI000,how long the erase cycle takes at the erase command?

Regards,

Nada

0 Likes

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Likes