For S25FL128S, some simulation errors happened.

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
xiaowei_li_3787
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I am using the flash chip of CYPRESS,S25FL128SAGNFI000, but there comes some simulation errors when I do the program simulation.

Here are the details.

I am doing the PP command to program the flash 32bits every time.(the simulation software is ModelSim. And the FLASH sim model is s25fl128s.vhd )

But when I program the address of "0000FC", there comes some errors from the Modelsim.

But When I program the another address, such as "0000E8", it is totally OK. only the address of "0000FC" is wrong.

I changed the sequence of address, but I still indicates that the address "0000FC" is not OK.

Would you help me to figure out why this phenomenon happened? and what should I do to fix the error?

Here are the error pictures.

1.PNG2.PNG3.PNG

0 Likes
1 Solution

BushraH_91​ 

Hi, Thank you for your help!

I am using the sdf file in the original zip..

P.S. the attachment S25fl128s.rar has a password , please tell me..

Thank you again..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
BushraH_91
750 replies posted 50 likes received 250 solutions authored

Hello,

Thank you for contacting Cypress Community Forum. Currently we are reviewing your inquiry and get back to as soon as we find the resolution.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

Hi, Thank your for your help!

I tried some more tests, but the error still happened.

I think I can not find out why this happened with myself.

So, please help me and if you need some more details, please do not hesitate to contact me!

Thank you again !

0 Likes

Hello,

We could not reproduce bug, it is working on our side for address "0000FC". Looking at the attachments, it appears variable "cnt" does not reset before PDONE goes high. Can you please send us test sequence and tool version you are using?

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply!

I am also confused why this error happened.

the attachment is the flash_sim_module_code that I use now.

And I am using the Modelsim PE 10.6C to do the simulation.

please help me to check if the module is OK, and if not, I will send you all my sim files(the project contains some other files such Xilinx IP files that I don't  think it will work on your PC)

4.PNG

I did the simulation just now, and the error still happend.

I programed the flash from adderss 0000_00 32bits every time, the the next address is 0000_04, and go on. but when to the address of 0000_FC, the simulation stopped because of the error...

Thank you very much!

0 Likes
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.

Hello,

What sdf version are you using? Please use the attached one.  Pw is sse. Looks like there is a race condition that is happening.

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes

BushraH_91​ 

Hi, Thank you for your help!

I am using the sdf file in the original zip..

P.S. the attachment S25fl128s.rar has a password , please tell me..

Thank you again..

0 Likes

Hello

Pw is "sse"

Thank you

Regards,

Bushra

0 Likes