DATA RETENTION OF S71GL064N

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Khanhaaris07
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi could you tell me the data retention period of the S71GL064N PSram after initial programming please ?

0 Likes
1 Solution
Apurva_S
100 likes received 500 replies posted 250 solutions authored

Hi,

Upon discussing this query internally, I would like to confirm that the pSRAM (SPH032D970R1R) inside S71GL064N has an internal refresh controller. Users need not refresh the data of the pSRAM.

Does that answer your question?

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Apurva_S

Hi,

pSRAM is a volatile memory and it will hold the data only as long as power is present.

Could you please tell me a little more about your requirement and why are you looking for this information?

Thank you and Regards.

0 Likes
Khanhaaris07
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi thanks for the initial information, we are currently using a modem which contains this device and would like to know about data retention period of this device, i understand the psram is a combination of Dram and sram but these two have the following DRAM cells store data in the form of charge on a capacitor. This charge leaks off over time, eventually causing data to be lost. ... These problems are expected to worsen as DRAM density increases. The amount of time that a DRAM cell can safely retain data without being refreshed is called the cell's retention time.  So what would be the data retention of this device in terms of degradation with power and without power but after initial programming ?

0 Likes
Apurva_S

Hi,

Upon discussing this query internally, I would like to confirm that the pSRAM (SPH032D970R1R) inside S71GL064N has an internal refresh controller. Users need not refresh the data of the pSRAM.

Does that answer your question?

0 Likes