128Mbit or 256Mbit NOR FLash SPI with speed erase

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I try to erase quickly a memory NOR FLASH

for example a S25FL127S : 128Mbit = 32 seconds to clear all (with 50mA erase current !)

is it possible to start several block erase simultaneously ?

Are there faster memories in erase ?

thank you in advance

0 Likes
1 Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Q. Is it possible to start several block erase simultaneously ?

A. No . The erase will happen block by block. If you need to erase the entire chip you can go for Chip erase.

Q. Are there faster memories in erase ?

A. Are you to looking to erase the entire chip or block? If you are looking for erasing a block, the speed of the erase depends on the block size. Can you please let su know the size of the block you are trying to erase.

In S25FL127S there are two options for Block erase. One is 256KB and the other is 64KB. We can suggest faster parts if the size is mentioned.

Thanks,

Krishna.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Q. Is it possible to start several block erase simultaneously ?

A. No . The erase will happen block by block. If you need to erase the entire chip you can go for Chip erase.

Q. Are there faster memories in erase ?

A. Are you to looking to erase the entire chip or block? If you are looking for erasing a block, the speed of the erase depends on the block size. Can you please let su know the size of the block you are trying to erase.

In S25FL127S there are two options for Block erase. One is 256KB and the other is 64KB. We can suggest faster parts if the size is mentioned.

Thanks,

Krishna.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Thank you for your answer

I need only chip erase.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

I have checked our database. We do nto have any faster parts in regards to chip erase.

Thanks,

Krishna.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks

0 Likes