FRAM access time

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Mitchell_shen
Level 4
Level 4
Distributor - Zenitron(GC)
100 sign-ins 5 solutions authored First solution authored

FRAM  access time on datasheet only mention.

The access time for the memory operation is essentially zero,

Did you have actual timing for SPEC. define?

0 Likes
1 Solution
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Mitchell,

The FRAM operates at the bus speeds (I2C or SPI) and hence there is no timings defined. The max speed/frequency at which the I2C or SPI can be operated is mentioned in the datasheet. Say for example for SPI FRAM the max frequency for SPI protocol is mentioned as 40 MHz. Now the user can select any frequency upto 40 MHz. If some user user operates at 1 MHz he will observe faster read and write operations than a user who is operating at 500 KHz. So the timings are dependent on the speed grade you select for the protocol.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
PradiptaB_11
500 replies posted 250 solutions authored 250 replies posted

Hi Mitchell,

The FRAM operates at the bus speeds (I2C or SPI) and hence there is no timings defined. The max speed/frequency at which the I2C or SPI can be operated is mentioned in the datasheet. Say for example for SPI FRAM the max frequency for SPI protocol is mentioned as 40 MHz. Now the user can select any frequency upto 40 MHz. If some user user operates at 1 MHz he will observe faster read and write operations than a user who is operating at 500 KHz. So the timings are dependent on the speed grade you select for the protocol.

Thanks,

Pradipta.

0 Likes