FRAM FM25V10 ambient operating temperature range

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
NK
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 replies posted 10 sign-ins

Dear Support team,

FRAM FM25V10 datasheet mentions that the device specifications are guaranteed over an industrial temperature range of –40°C to +85°C. But under maximum ratings section Ambient temperature range with power applied is mentioned to be –55°C to +125°C. I was wondering whether it is possible to operate this FRAM above 85°C upto 125°C?  Will it behave in the same manner as specified in the datasheet, in this case?

Thanking you in advance.

0 Likes
1 Solution
SudheeshK
250 sign-ins First question asked 750 replies posted

Hello,

No, it is not recommended to operated our FRAM FM25V10 beyond the operating temperature range –40°C to +85°C. Datasheet parameters are guaranteed only within the operating temperature and voltage ranges mentioned in the datasheet. 

The spec "Ambient temperature range with power applied " means that, our device can withstand the temperature range -55°C to +125°C without any damage, but datasheet parameters are not guaranteed above +85°C  and below -40°C .

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
SudheeshK

Hello,

No, it is not recommended to operated our FRAM FM25V10 beyond the operating temperature range –40°C to +85°C. Datasheet parameters are guaranteed only within the operating temperature and voltage ranges mentioned in the datasheet. 

The spec "Ambient temperature range with power applied " means that, our device can withstand the temperature range -55°C to +125°C without any damage, but datasheet parameters are not guaranteed above +85°C  and below -40°C .

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
NK
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sudheesh,

Thank you for the reply, it will be of great help if you could suggest me automotive grade (Operating temperature > 85°C) alternate for  FRAM FM25V10 from your product portfolio if any.

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hello,

Please check our automotive grade FRAM device CY15B102QN  (2Mbit, 256K x 8).

CY15B102QN/CY15V102QN, Excelon™-Auto 2-Mbit (256K × 😎 Automotive-E Serial (SPI) F-RAM (cypress.com)

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
NK
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sudheesh,

Thanks for the suggestion of alternate part. I have one more thing to clarify, Electrical Characteristics table (DC and AC) is mentioned to be valid over the operating range with specified test conditions for each parameter. These test conditions seems to be the worst case conditons for e.g. for VOH1, IOH = -1mA and for VOL1, IOL = 2mA. In real use case we do not have such load in mAs but it would be in uAs and also the capacitive load which is taken for timing measurements as per datasheet is 30pF whereas on board it would be <30pF. Will this make any difference in actual operating temperature change of the device FM25V10?

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hello,

I am not clear about your latest query. Are you asking about operating our device outside of operating temperature range? As I mentioned before, we cannot guarantee datasheet parameters if operated outside of the operating temperature range.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes
NK
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Sudheesh,

Thank you! Yes i am asking about operating the device outside of operating temperature range but with the parameters which are less than test load conditions as mentioned in the datasheet for the parameters mentioned. One thing is not yet clear to me is, when a manufacturer specifies operating temperature range for its device, are there any specific load conditions / test setup for this parameter for defining minimum and maximum limits?

0 Likes
SudheeshK

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in my response.

As I informed you before, we have tested our device only within the operating temperature mentioned in the datasheet. So, we cannot guarantee any of the datasheet specs, if operated outside of the operating temperature range. 

To assist you further with this query, we would like to know some more details about your application. Could you please explain about your application and how FRAM device is used in your application? Also, please let us know the datasheet specs, which are critical for your application.

Thanks and Regards,

Sudheesh

0 Likes