CY15B104QS Simulation Model QSPI

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JaKr_4815161
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hi,

I have a question regarding the verilog simulation model of the CY15B104QSN FRAM that I downloaded from https://www.cypress.com/documentation/models/verilog/verilog-vhdl-cy15b104qs

According to the data sheet (https://www.cypress.com/file/400726/download​) of the FRAM, the read command 0x03 should support QPI, see also the figure below from the datasheet.

The the non volatile configuration register 2, Bit 6 is set to 1 (QUAD SPI). The simulation model recognizes my command correctly (command and address as well as dummy bytes send via all four lanes, QUAD Mode), however, the response of the model is send only via lane SO.

After a look into the model verilog code, I saw that for Instruction READ, only SO is used (line 3800 of file cy15b104qs.v):

DataDriveOut_SO  = data_out[7-read_cnt];

while other instructions also use the SI, WP and Reset signal if QPI is set to one:

DataDriveOut_RESET = data_out[7-4*read_cnt];

DataDriveOut_WP    = data_out[6-4*read_cnt];

DataDriveOut_SO    = data_out[5-4*read_cnt];

DataDriveOut_SI    = data_out[4-4*read_cnt];

Is this a flaw in the model or is it correct, that the instruction READ does not use all lanes in QPI mode in contrast to the figure in the data sheet?

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Jan

0 Likes
1 Solution
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GirijaC
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Jan,

We apologize delay in response. Yes, you are correct. Instruction Read should use all the I/O lines when set in QPI mode. Thanks for pointing out the error.

I have updated the model and attached. Please use the attached model and let me know if you still see issue.

Thanks,

Girija

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
GirijaC
50 sign-ins 25 sign-ins 10 solutions authored

Hi Jan,

We apologize delay in response. Yes, you are correct. Instruction Read should use all the I/O lines when set in QPI mode. Thanks for pointing out the error.

I have updated the model and attached. Please use the attached model and let me know if you still see issue.

Thanks,

Girija

0 Likes

Thank you for your response. I will test the new model as soon as I have time to work on the task again.

0 Likes