PSOC6 BLE module in Modus Toolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
chsrc_3700256
Level 3
Level 3
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

I have been trying to build a simple BLE application using PSOC 6 BLE prototyping kit. I have installed modus tool box and have configured BLE module.

Modus Toolbox is new to me and I am trying to find how to enable BLESS interrupt.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
jomoc_3144201
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Have you added the BLE Middleware from the ModusToolbox Middleware Selector to your project?  There should be a folder under 'mainapp/psoc6sw-1.0/components/psoc6mw/ble' or similar path depending on how you structured your code.   Also, you need to add the path to the 'psoc6mw/ble' and 'psoc6mw/ble/common' folders to your Include Paths. This should be the path where the CY_SDK_INSTALL_DIR (ModusToolbox) is installed.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
jomoc_3144201
Level 4
Level 4
25 replies posted 10 replies posted 5 replies posted

Have you added the BLE Middleware from the ModusToolbox Middleware Selector to your project?  There should be a folder under 'mainapp/psoc6sw-1.0/components/psoc6mw/ble' or similar path depending on how you structured your code.   Also, you need to add the path to the 'psoc6mw/ble' and 'psoc6mw/ble/common' folders to your Include Paths. This should be the path where the CY_SDK_INSTALL_DIR (ModusToolbox) is installed.

Yes, I did realize that I did not include the middleware earlier. I have got rid of all the errors now. And I have configured it with the LEDs. Now how do I start invoking the BLE function in main.c file?

is there a sample program in which I could use?

Once I Debug and program I encounter this problem.

Error: unable to find CMSIS-DAP device

Error: No Valid JTAG Interface Configured.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

Which Board are you using?

Did you set up a Run Configuration for the board?

For a BLE Example you can check out the ModusToolbox IDE Application example : CE212736_PSoC6_BLE_FindMe

You'll have to wade through the FreeRTOS stuff though.

I am using  CY8CROTO-083-BLE (PSOC6 BLE PROTOTYPING KIT) with the device selector CYBLE-416045-02 .

I shall look into the CE212736_PSoC6_BLE_FindMe.

All examples are for pioneer kit. Is there anything for the specifications mentioned above?

0 Likes

According to the product page for that device, it is not supported in ModusToolbox as of yet.

https://www.cypress.com/documentation/development-kitsboards/psoc-6-ble-prototyping-kit

Supported Software

The PSoC 6 BLE Prototyping Kit can be evaluated using the PSoC Creator IDE. Support in ModusToolbox will be coming in the next few months.

Perhaps someone from Cypress could assist with this.

The "unable to find CMSIS-DAP..." error is due to Kitprog2. Please note that ModusToolbox supports only Kitprog3. Hence use PSoC Programmer to upgrade the Kitprog2 firmware to Kitprog3 using the "Upgrade firmware" under utilities tab.

Regards,

Dheeraj