ModusToolbox launch locks up

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ToPe_1312931
Level 4
Level 4
10 replies posted 10 questions asked 5 replies posted

I have successfully debugged applications on a CY8CPROTO-062-4343W. Now, when launching, I get the following output and then the launch locks up. I have rebooted my PC and power cycled the board. Same result.

Started by GNU MCU Eclipse

Open On-Chip Debugger 0.10.0+dev-2.2.0.249 (2019-09-10-10:57)

Licensed under GNU GPL v2

For bug reports, read

http://openocd.org/doc/doxygen/bugs.html

adapter speed: 1500 kHz

adapter speed: 1000 kHz

** Auto-acquire enabled, use "set ENABLE_ACQUIRE 0" to disable

cortex_m reset_config sysresetreq

cortex_m reset_config vectreset

Info : Using CMSIS loader 'CY8C6xxA_SMIF' for bank 'psoc6_smif0_cm0' (footprint 6105 bytes)

ocd_gdb_restart

Warn : SFlash programming allowed for regions: USER, TOC, KEY

0 Likes
1 Solution

Got it to work. I had tried a simple press of button on Kitprog3 part of board with no effect. A 5 second press did the trick and my PC recognized the board once again and I was able to program.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajK_81
First comment on KBA First comment on blog 5 questions asked

The reason you are seeing this error is that you have an active debug session running which hasn't been cleared. Open the Debug tab and click the cross icon to remove any debug sessions that may be active as shown below:

debug.PNG

After this try programming again. Let me know if this solves your issue

Regards,

Dheeraj

Like I said, I rebooted PC and board. Debug window is empty.

pastedImage_0.png

0 Likes

I think the board died. It does not show up in device manager anymore. Debugger now says

Error: unable to find CMSIS-DAP device. Bummer. It is fairly new.

0 Likes

Check the status led (LED2) indication to understand what mode you are in. Switch to BULK/HID mode and then check if you are able to program. I hope you have the cable connected to the KitProg3 USB connector (J8) and not the PSoC6 USB connector (J10).

Please explain your hardware setup. For more information refer the KitProg3 User Guide for more information: https://www.cypress.com/file/452701/download

Regards,

Dheeraj

0 Likes

Got it to work. I had tried a simple press of button on Kitprog3 part of board with no effect. A 5 second press did the trick and my PC recognized the board once again and I was able to program.

0 Likes