Is the 1DX wifi firmware part of the BSP of the PSoC 6 prototyping boards?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GuGa_1322886
Level 4
Level 4
5 solutions authored 25 sign-ins First comment on KBA

I'm developing a custom board following the reference design of CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.

I'm using the same Murata LBEE5KL1DX module and it will be connected to a PSoC 62 chip exactly as in the reference design.

Other peripherals will be also connected the same way.

The goal is to been able to use the same BSP for software development with Mbed OS.

So, the questions are:

1) Is the WiFi firmware for this chip part of the BSP?

2) am I overlooking something besides following the same electrical interconnect?

3) It seems that the exact PSoC 62 device used in this board is not available with the distributors. If I use another variant of the 62 family will  it work with the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W BSP?

0 Likes
1 Solution

GuGa_1322886 you need to look at \libs\wifi-host-driver\WiFi_Host_Driver\resources\firmware and not in the build folder to find the firmware. It is also available here wifi-host-driver/WiFi_Host_Driver/resources/firmware at master · cypresssemiconductorco/wifi-host-dr...

That page is restricted to module partners and please contact them for the latest firmware release.

The 1DX, essentially the 4343 doesn't have its own processor and needs one. In this case its the PSoC. You program the processor and it communicates with the 1DX which essentially uses the wifi firmware as and when required. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
7 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi GuGa_1322886​,

1) Is the WiFi firmware for this chip part of the BSP?

The WiFi firmware is part of the WHD and is available under WiFi_Host_Driver/resources/firmware/ . Also, firmware releases are made with the latest fixes and the latest one is available here - https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-20045

2) am I overlooking something besides following the same electrical interconnect?

I am not sure if I understood the question correctly but I think the third answer might help here too. Please let me know if that's not the case. The reference design of CY8CPROTO-062-4343W can be used to design your custom board.

3) It seems that the exact PSoC 62 device used in this board is not available with the distributors. If I use another variant of the 62 family will  it work with the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W BSP?

If you are using a different target device, you will have to use a custom BSP. Please refer to Section 5.3.9, Creating a BSP for Your Board in ModusToolbox User Guide.

Please let me know if you have any further queries.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Hi RakshithM_16,

I located the driver here for Moudus Toolbox projects:

C:\Users\User1\ModusToolbox\Connectivity_TCP_Server\build\CY8CPROTO-062-4343W\Debug\libs\wifi-host-driver

However, I don't see any firmware under the BSP for Mbed OS:

C:\Users\User1\Mbed Programs\mouser-mbed-06-OS_6-2\mbed-os\targets\TARGET_Cypress\TARGET_PSOC6\TARGET_CY8CPROTO_062_4343W

Am I looking at the correct branch?

Other question, at what time, and how is the 1DX firmware programed on the chip?,

I don't see any message about it during the build process.

0 Likes

GuGa_1322886 you need to look at \libs\wifi-host-driver\WiFi_Host_Driver\resources\firmware and not in the build folder to find the firmware. It is also available here wifi-host-driver/WiFi_Host_Driver/resources/firmware at master · cypresssemiconductorco/wifi-host-dr...

That page is restricted to module partners and please contact them for the latest firmware release.

The 1DX, essentially the 4343 doesn't have its own processor and needs one. In this case its the PSoC. You program the processor and it communicates with the 1DX which essentially uses the wifi firmware as and when required. 

0 Likes
Murali_R
250 sign-ins 250 replies posted 100 solutions authored

GuGa_1322886 the path in the previous thread is with respect to modus and for MBED, I think it has already been answered here Is the 1DX firmware part of the BSP in PSoC 6 proto boards?

Yes MuraliR_36, I start to understand how things work now. I wasn't sure where to ask, the PSoC 6 forum or the Murata forum, either way I got good answers. Thank you!

0 Likes

... I read the chapter about creating custom BSPs. Given all other things equal, if I use a different part number for PSoC 62, all what it takes is to put the correct part number and regenerate the custom BSP with it. Correct?

0 Likes

... one more thing, this link is restricted to outsiders:

- https://community.cypress.com/docs/DOC-20045

0 Likes