CY8CPROTO-062-4343W - BLE connection parameters

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
RuHe_1008296
Level 3
Level 3
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First reply posted

Hi

I'm currently working with the CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, and are doing some power test with wifi and BLE. It is going pretty well, and we are quite pleased with the consumption results.

We are using the BLE_LED example, in a slightly modified version so the blinking led is removed.

mbed-os-example-ble/BLE_LED at master · ARMmbed/mbed-os-example-ble · GitHub

Now for the problem:

When connecting to the device with the CySmart dongle, everything seems to work. Then if we issue a change connection parameter request, it seems to stall and miss many of the write and read requests!

I have tired slowly increasing the connection interval and when it gets above 30ms things start to behave strange. Especially if slave latency is 1 or above.

Should I include something to handle connection interval changes, or is there another fix for my issue?

0 Likes
1 Solution
RuHe_1008296
Level 3
Level 3

I have done some more test, in one of the tests i re imported the project, and now it seems to work. If/When the issue appears again i wil try to make some diagnostically logging of the issue.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
RaktimR_11
500 replies posted 250 replies posted 100 replies posted

Is there any way for you to capture the OTA logs and attach for us to analyze?

0 Likes
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi RuHe_1008296 ,

Please make sure if you are using latest CySmart version .

Can you please let us know whether the connection param update request was success or not?

Why do you want to increase the slave latency and connection interval ? Is it because of any power constraints?

Please note for faster connection its recommended to use less connection interval & latency numbers.

Also please make sure you have set valid supervision timeout value such that slave latency is in between 0 to ((connSupervisionTimeout / (connIntervalMax*2)) -1).

If you can , please provide the OTA logs for analyzing at our side. You may also try with any other peer device like mobile app to see if the issue is with peer app

Regards,
Anjana

RuHe_1008296
Level 3
Level 3

I have done some more test, in one of the tests i re imported the project, and now it seems to work. If/When the issue appears again i wil try to make some diagnostically logging of the issue.

0 Likes

Sure !

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes