Unable to create project. Backend error code -1073741819

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
NiKa_4820516
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted First like given

I am new to  Modustoolbox and just recently got my PSoC 6 WiFi-BT Pioneer Kit.

I have downloaded the Modustoolbox 2.2 by following the installation guide in the website.

System specifications-

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

i7 9th Gen

Whenever I try to create a new application by going to New Application -> CY8CKIT- 062 WiFI-BT (Kit Name) -> Next -> Hello World -> Create

I get the error as

"Unable to create project. Backend error code -1073741819"

modustoolbox_error.png

I tried reinstalling the software but the same problem stills persists.

Please do help me out.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi nika_4820516​,

There should be a project-creator.log file created in your workspace directory. Can you please attach the file to this thread? If it is not created, please repeat the steps and let me know if you can now find the file.

Are you using any antivirus or firewall that might be clocking ModusToolbox from creating the project? If so, can you try disabling both and try creating the project again?

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Hello,

I tried disabling the antivirus software and tried running the same process but I am still getting the same error as "Unable to create project. Backend error code -1073741819".

I have attached the project-creator.log file along with the thread.

I also tried reinstalling the software but I am still getting the same issues.

Please do help me out.

Thank you

0 Likes

Hi NiKa_4820516​,

Can you please follow the steps below and let me know your observations?

1. Ensure that C:/Users/nkele/.modustoolbox folder is absent or if it exists then delete its content.
  2. Ensure that C:/Users/nkele/mtw is empty
  3. Launch Cygwin.bat inside C:/Users/nkele/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2/modus-shell folder.
  4. Then inside Cygwin execute “cd /cygdrive/c/Users/nkele/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2/project-creator”
  5. Execute the following command: “./project-creator-cli.exe --board-id CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT --app-id mtb-example-psoc6-hello-world --user-app-name Hello_World --target-dir C:/Users/nkele/mtw”
  6. If application creation fails then attach the console output to this thread.
  7. If application creation succeeds then import an application from Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox: “File -> Import -> Modustoolbox -> Modustoolbox Application Import” then select the created application and complete its import.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

Hello,

As instructed by you, I emptied the contents of "C:/Users/nkele/mtw" and there was no folder named "C:/Users/nkele/.modustoolbox".

I launched the "Cygwin.bat" ran the commands. After running the second command, I get error as "Segmentation fault".  I have attached the screenshot of the console output along with the thread.

Regards,

Nilutpol

0 Likes

Hello Nilutpol,

Thank you for the update. We appreciate your efforts in trying to help us figure out the root cause of the issue.

Can you please try the below steps and let us know if that works? -

1. Ensure that C:/Users/nkele/mtw is empty.

2. Launch Cygwin.bat inside C:/Users/nkele/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2/modus-shell folder.

3. Inside Cygwin execute "cd /cygdrive/c/Users/nkele/mtw"

4. Execute "git clone --origin cypress https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-psoc6-hello-world Hello_World"

5. Execute "cd Hello_World"

6. Execute "git checkout latest-v2.X"

7. Open C:/Users/nkele/mtw/Hello_World/deps folder and remove all "TARGET_*.mtb" files

8. Create TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT.mtb file in C:/Users/nkele/mtw/Hello_World/deps folder.

9. Open TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT.mtb and put the following string in the file without quotes: "https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/TARGET_CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT#latest-v2.X#$$ASSET_REPO$$/TARG..."

10. Save the file and close it.

11. Open "Makefile" and update "TARGET" the following way: "TARGET=CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT"

12. Save the file and close it.

13. Execute "make getlibs CY_TOOLS_PATHS=C:/Users/nkele/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2"

14. Import an application from Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox: "File -> Import -> Modustoolbox -> Modustoolbox Application Import" then select the created application folder and complete its import.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

The thread was locked due to inactivity for a long time, you can continue the discussion on the topic by opening a new thread with reference to the locked one. The continuous discussion in an inactive thread may mostly be unattended by community users.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes