UDB / Verilog workflow

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

We're doing some eMMC interfaces using UDB's and Creator today.

How does the programmable logic parts work in Modus?

(we were digging around in the install tree as the psoc6/wifi board uses the sdio / wifi radio UDB, but didn't manage to find the location to the .v source for this)

0 Likes
15 Replies
mattl_01
Employee
Employee
100 replies posted 50 replies posted 25 replies posted

This is on our roadmap, but is not supported yet.  I doubt it will be supported for the production release of 1.0 even.

0 Likes

We actually make use of quite a bit of UDB/verilog in all our projects.

So for us mandatory..!

Can we do this somehow using Psoc Creator to generate the ".v" file needed?

I guess there are a set number of files needed from that build that could be incorporated in the modus projects make files!?

0 Likes

just checking in on this. some pre-make script to link / copy the relevant files from a creator-project would be sufficient

0 Likes

got it, thanks David.

0 Likes
DaEr_349131
Level 5
Level 5
25 likes received 50 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

Hi! Just checking in if there has been any progress on this.

For us, it can be a raw solution with 'pre make' shell-scripts that moves and re-format the needed files to be able to build + flash projects incl verilog from modus.

0 Likes

ping MattL_01

0 Likes

Checking in! We'd really like to migrate to this tool (psoc 4L), but need the verilog part working

0 Likes

ping

0 Likes
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi David,

Checking in! We'd really like to migrate to this tool (psoc 4L), but need the verilog part working

Currently PSoC4 parts are not supported in Modus Toolbox. Are you porting a PSoC4L project to PSoC6  part ?

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

We want to stick with the psoc 4200 series. Any plans to add these to Modus soon?

if no, how about offering the verilog tools in command-line form (preferably also for linux/max) so we can build the needed hardware blocks.

We're actually hoping to get the psoc 4 running with Zephyr (rtos) so the best would be if Cypress could consider providing the PDL's + "driver shim's" needed to get the 4L supported under zephyr.

We could still use psoc creator to add the UDB blocks and build the .v files (that later can be used when building the arm-parts via zephyr / arm-gcc)

0 Likes

ping! any updates on this team cypress?

0 Likes

PSoC 4 will continue to be supported within Creator.

Zephyr support is being Considered under ModusToolbox (new PSOC 6 devices), but a firm schedule for this new SDK offering is not available.

Please reach out to your local Cypress Sales team if you are interested in becoming one of the early adapters of this SDK offering when it becomes available.

0 Likes
markgsaunders
Employee
Employee
50 sign-ins 10 solutions authored 5 solutions authored

Hello!

Michael is correct in his post about Zephyr but, for full disclosure, I should add that there is no plan to support the RTOS on PSoC 4. As he says, the development solution for PSoC 4 devices, especially those with UDBs, remains PSoC Creator. I realize that this is not the best news for you but I can confirm that we continue to support PSoC creator and there is no plan to discontinue the product. There is, of course, nothing stopping a Zephyr port to PSoC 4 but it is not on our roadmap to provide specific deliverables to support it.

Regards, Mark Saunders.

0 Likes

Got it, thanks  Mark!

How about Verilog/UDB support in Modus?

0 Likes
WaMa_286156
Level 5
Level 5
First comment on blog 100 replies posted 50 replies posted

User RONO posted an answer here to this question: https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-General/How-do-I-create-a-custom-UDB-solution-in-the-M...

It requires PSOC Creator to create the solution, then you bring it into Modus Toolbox.  my blog at socmaker.com covers psoc creator on Mac and other things.  The PSOC 62 245 parts and 24a parts have no UDB's in them, and are not supported in PSOC Creator. 

0 Likes