Tool Settings missing in MTB 2.2 project build settings

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
zgarrard
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Hi,

I am trying to change GNU GCC toolchain things like the compiler optimization level, the stack and heap sizes, and use compiler command line options like -fstack-usage for analyzing task stack size use in FreeRTOS, but MTB 2.2 Eclipse IDE seems to have removed the "Tool Settings" tab from the project build settings, where it was present in prior versions of ModusToolBox. See my attached screenshot.

Is there a way to expose this tab again? I know I can manually edit the stack and heap sizes from the startup.S file or invoke the compiler from the command line, but I'd like to be able to build using the IDE with all these settings saved in the project as it is much more maintainable that way.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @zgarrard

ModusToolbox 2.x is made to be independent of any IDE. By this I mean you are not bound to the IDE that is packaged with the ModusToolbox installer.  All the project build settings are handled in the project makefile and you can edit the makefile to add post-build actions, compiler flags, etc. You can refer to the ModusToolbox User Guide for information on the customization of the makefile.
You can also check out this training video to get to know the newer features of ModusToolbox 2.x - Session 1: Introduction to ModusToolbox 2.x

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @zgarrard

ModusToolbox 2.x is made to be independent of any IDE. By this I mean you are not bound to the IDE that is packaged with the ModusToolbox installer.  All the project build settings are handled in the project makefile and you can edit the makefile to add post-build actions, compiler flags, etc. You can refer to the ModusToolbox User Guide for information on the customization of the makefile.
You can also check out this training video to get to know the newer features of ModusToolbox 2.x - Session 1: Introduction to ModusToolbox 2.x

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes