This is a question about the startup_psoc_xxxx.s file.The main content is as follows: I want to add binary data of the 'bootloader.bin' file to the startup file, what should i do ?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
13_4788251
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

This is a question about the startup_psoc_xxxx.s file.The main content is as follows: I want to add binary data of the 'bootloader.bin' file  to the startup file, what should i do ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Alakananda_BG
50 likes received 250 sign-ins 250 replies posted

Hi,

Can you please let us know why do you want to add the binary data of the 'bootloader.bin' file  to the startup file?

Can you give more details on your query?

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes
13_4788251
Level 2
Level 2

First,Thank you for your attention to my question.

The hex file generated by my bootloader project is converted into a .Bin file.

Now I want to link the .Bin file generated by the bootloader project into the user project, so add the binary data in the .Bin file to the startup file of the user project.

0 Likes

Hi,

If you need the final hex i.e the bootloader and the application it will be already present in the generated source.

You can refer to the below application note section 8

PSoC - Introduction to Bootloaders (cypress.com)

Regards

Alakananda

Alakananda
0 Likes
13_4788251
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks for your answer,Sorry to bother you.

I read the document. The method is to first burn the bootloader project to the device, and then burn the user project to the device.

My idea is to link the hex file generated by the bootloader project to the user project, and then just burn the user.

Do you have any suggestions and methods?

0 Likes