Personality ioss[0].port[0].pin[3] ???

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
MaH_4035971
Level 2
Level 2
10 replies posted 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

Hello,

I just installed ModusToolbox and was going step by step through the 101 tutorial "Blinky LED". I have the CY8CPROTO-063-BLE kit (which I selected from the list). I went to  the device configurator to assign LED_RED to the right pin (P6.3 for this kit) but when I saved the configuration I got this message:

Personality 'ioss[0].port[0].pin[3] (LED_RED)' uses 'ioss[0].port[0].pin[3]' which does not exist on the device.

A little "spanner" icon gave me the possibility to fix this error by disabling ioss[0].port[0].pin[3] but then I got two new errors regarding SWDIO and SWDCLK...

I can't find any info on "ioss", how can I get rid of this error and move on to... blinking my LED...

Many thanks !

PS: Ports 6.4, 6.6 and 6.7 were activated by default when I opened the example file. There is nothing on Port 0 however.

Screenshot 2019-04-03 at 17.16.55.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

P0.3 is not available in this module, so you should disable the warning/error in ModusToolBox and choose to use other pins like P0.0(rename  to RED_LED and config Strong drive mode) as LED drive pin.

Untitled.png

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
Vison_Zhang
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 250 sign-ins

P0.3 is not available in this module, so you should disable the warning/error in ModusToolBox and choose to use other pins like P0.0(rename  to RED_LED and config Strong drive mode) as LED drive pin.

Untitled.png

0 Likes

Oh that's strange, the first time I tried to disable it I got other error messages but not this time... I must have messed something else up the first time.

I had to upgrade KitProg2 to KitProg3 but the LED is blinking now, hooray my first PSoC application !

Thanks

PS: I assume P6.6 is for SWDIO, P6.7 for SWCLK but what is P6.4 for and where/how are these pins configured ?

0 Likes

P6[4] is a general IO pin, you can config any IO from IP Parameters Window.

Capture.JPG

0 Likes