ModusToolbox and Cypress Programmer Checksum

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoCh_1493306
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am programming my boards (one board uses CY8C6247BZI-D54 and the other uses CY8C624ABZI-D44) after writing application code and launching the program on ModusToolbox, and then I read the .hex file from the board using Cypress Programmer. I sent this .hex file to manufacturing and ask them to load it (using Cypress Programmer again) to production boards.

Is there a way the ModuslToolBox or Cypress Programmer can generate checksum? Want to check in the future if the .hex file people use is the correct one. Maybe this is not the best way of doing so. Any suggestions how to improve this process is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @JoCh_1493306

By default, the checksum for the entire hex file is not generated in ModusToolbox. However, you could use the CyMCUElfTool to generate the checksum. Please refer to page 10 of the CyMCUElfTool User Guide for further information regarding this.

I added the following postbuild command in the makefile. This invoked the CyMCUElfTool to create a hex file with the checksum at 0x90300000 similar to how it is created in PSoC Creator.

POSTBUILD="$(CY_TOOLS_DIR)/cymcuelftool-1.0/bin/cymcuelftool.exe" --sign $(CY_CONFIG_DIR)/$(APPNAME).elf --output $(CY_CONFIG_DIR)/$(APPNAME)_signed.elf --hex $(CY_CONFIG_DIR)/$(APPNAME)_signed.hex

Can you please try this out and let me know if this works for you as well?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @JoCh_1493306

By default, the checksum for the entire hex file is not generated in ModusToolbox. However, you could use the CyMCUElfTool to generate the checksum. Please refer to page 10 of the CyMCUElfTool User Guide for further information regarding this.

I added the following postbuild command in the makefile. This invoked the CyMCUElfTool to create a hex file with the checksum at 0x90300000 similar to how it is created in PSoC Creator.

POSTBUILD="$(CY_TOOLS_DIR)/cymcuelftool-1.0/bin/cymcuelftool.exe" --sign $(CY_CONFIG_DIR)/$(APPNAME).elf --output $(CY_CONFIG_DIR)/$(APPNAME)_signed.elf --hex $(CY_CONFIG_DIR)/$(APPNAME)_signed.hex

Can you please try this out and let me know if this works for you as well?

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes