Modus Toolbox Quick Panel

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
Nicolai
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

I add 2 Mesh Demo projects to Modus Toolbox IDE.Both projects use shared libraries and tools.

If i select one of the projects or an integrated file the Quick Panel is updated with information. That takes a lot of time (up to ~1 min) and blocking the IDE. Everytime i switch the project the Quick Panel is updated and blocking the whole IDE.

Is it possible to prevent an update of the quick panel? And if so, how can i prevent this?

I want to familiarize myself with the software and have to switch between the shared library header and / or the projects.

Thanks for your help

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

There is a known issue, 

"Switching from a file in one project to a file in another project might cause a delay before showing it in the File Editor/Viewer. "

The workaround is: 

"Click the Link with Editor button in the Project Explorer to toggle the feature off.  The "Link with Editor" feature always shows the selected file from the File Editor/Viewer in the Project Explorer. By turning the feature off, Eclipse stops trying to show the selected file, and thus eliminates the delay. You can see the selected project/file in the Eclipse IDE Title Bar."

Pleas check the Release Note: https://www.cypress.com/file/512711/download for more known issues and release information.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

There is a known issue, 

"Switching from a file in one project to a file in another project might cause a delay before showing it in the File Editor/Viewer. "

The workaround is: 

"Click the Link with Editor button in the Project Explorer to toggle the feature off.  The "Link with Editor" feature always shows the selected file from the File Editor/Viewer in the Project Explorer. By turning the feature off, Eclipse stops trying to show the selected file, and thus eliminates the delay. You can see the selected project/file in the Eclipse IDE Title Bar."

Pleas check the Release Note: https://www.cypress.com/file/512711/download for more known issues and release information.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
Nicolai
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First like received First reply posted

Hi Dheeraj,

Thanks for your help, it works.

Nicolai

0 Likes