Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
benjaminpaik
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 10 sign-ins 5 questions asked

In learning the differences between the MTB and LIB flows in Modus Toolbox, I have been wondering if there is an existing hybrid approach. For example, if I have a number of projects in my workspace that use FreeRTOS, I understand the appeal of MTB flow in that I don't need to have multiple copies of FreeRTOS for each project. However, I would potentially want to have unique copies "FreeRTOSConfig.h" for each project (if they take advantage of different RTOS features and have different heap requirements for instance). It is also my understanding that updating FreeRTOS with the library manager in MTB flow would essentially eliminate all my custom settings in "FreeRTOSConfig.h" (as it would be replaced by a copy of the file from the new downloaded version). For these reasons, I would want a way to leave "FreeRTOS" in the mtb_shared directory to avoid redundancy, but during the build process I would want to combine the library with a local project copy of "FreeRTOSConfig.h" to customize the build.

0 Likes
1 Solution
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

You can have multiple versions of the FreeRTOS library in your shared folder. IN the dependencies folder, you can have the MTB file that points to a specific version.

The FreeRTOSConfig.h is always part of the project. You can simply copy the template from the FreeRTOS library to the project folder and do the edits there safely.

The compiler will ignore the FreeRTOSConfig.h from the mtb_shared and use your local FreeRTOSConfig.h.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RodolfoGL
Employee
Employee
250 solutions authored 250 sign-ins 5 comments on KBA

You can have multiple versions of the FreeRTOS library in your shared folder. IN the dependencies folder, you can have the MTB file that points to a specific version.

The FreeRTOSConfig.h is always part of the project. You can simply copy the template from the FreeRTOS library to the project folder and do the edits there safely.

The compiler will ignore the FreeRTOSConfig.h from the mtb_shared and use your local FreeRTOSConfig.h.