In modustol, how to link a. Bin file to the user project. The. Bin file is converted from the hex file generated by the boot project. You want to burn boot into flash before burning user project. In flash, boot is stored from address0, and user is after

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
13_4788251
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

In ModusTool, how to link a .Bin file to the user project.

The .Bin file is converted from the hex file generated by the boot project.

I want to burn boot into flash before burning user project. In flash, boot is stored from address0, and user is after boot.

If you want to burn boot first. Then, when burning the user project, the flash should be erased first, and the boot that was burned first will be erased. So if you want to link the boot project to the user project, you can only burn the user project once.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi 13_4788251​,

Can you please provide us some information on your boot project? Would it be possible to use Device Firmware Update (DFU), similar to bootloader, instead?

Also, how is the address handled?

Meanwhile, I will check internally and provide a response on this thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi 13_4788251​,

Can you please provide us some information on your boot project? Would it be possible to use Device Firmware Update (DFU), similar to bootloader, instead?

Also, how is the address handled?

Meanwhile, I will check internally and provide a response on this thread.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes