How to solve "Resources are overused between nets" error

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
SaM_1341861
Level 1
Level 1
First question asked First reply posted

Hello everyone,

I'm new to ModusToolbox and I'm trying to build a 4 wire resistance meter using an OpAmp, a SAR ADC and a IDAC (like picture below).

In Device Configurator after setting up all the Peripherals I get this error: "Resources 'oa_vminus[0], amuxbus_b_csd0, amuxbus_b_sar' are overused between nets 'P5[4] analog, P9[1] analog, AREF vref, P5[3] analog, CSD(Capsense, etc) 0 amuxbus_a, CSD (Capsense, etc) 0 amuxbus_b'

Has anyone encountered this error before or can point me in the right direction?

Thank you,

Sam

Resistance Meter.png

0 Likes
1 Solution
Vasanth
250 sign-ins 500 solutions authored First question asked

Hi Sam,

Mostly you would have outrun the routing resources available in the PSoC6 device. The analog routing resource for PSoC 6 is much similar to PSoC4 and not as complex as PSoC5. So routing possibilities are limited. You can try keeping the opamp in follower mode internally. This will not connect the opamp feedback input to pin PinPSense, but to PinPDrive. Using IDAC needs the usage of Amuxbus. There are 2 Amux buses, so you should make sure that that is also not exhausted. You can always use additional GPIO pins to make the routing possible. But the additional routing resistance will come in to picture in the use case.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Vasanth

Hi Sam,

Which device are you exactly using. The schematic you have been using seems like to from PSoC Creator for a PSoC5 porject. Are you trying to port a PSoC5 devie to a PSoC 6 device?

Best Regards,
Vasanth R S

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for your reply. I'm using the PSoC 63 (CY8CPROTO-063-BLE) . The schematic provided is for illustrative purpose only to show what I'm trying to recreate from scratch on a PSoC 63 in Modus Toolbox.

Best Regards,

Sam

0 Likes
Vasanth

Hi Sam,

Mostly you would have outrun the routing resources available in the PSoC6 device. The analog routing resource for PSoC 6 is much similar to PSoC4 and not as complex as PSoC5. So routing possibilities are limited. You can try keeping the opamp in follower mode internally. This will not connect the opamp feedback input to pin PinPSense, but to PinPDrive. Using IDAC needs the usage of Amuxbus. There are 2 Amux buses, so you should make sure that that is also not exhausted. You can always use additional GPIO pins to make the routing possible. But the additional routing resistance will come in to picture in the use case.

Best Regards,
Vasanth

0 Likes

Hi Vasanth,

Thanks for your reply. That makes  sense. I thought the PSoC6 was more similar to the PSoC5 and capable of handling more than a couple of routing. I guess I'll have to go back using the PSoC5 and add a BLE module to it.

Best Regards,

Sam

0 Likes