How to set CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as AP instead of connecting to AP with ModusToolbox

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
JoCh_1493306
Level 3
Level 3
25 sign-ins 10 replies posted 10 questions asked

Hi,

I am trying to use ModusToolbox to program the CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT and set it as WiFi access point (AP). But all the examples (AnyCloud) I can find is for CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, and in the example document it doesn't say it can support CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT. Even for the Cypress Wi-Fi Connection Manager Library (file:///C:/Users/chenjo5/mtw/AnyCloud_TCP_Server/libs/wifi-connection-manager/docs/api_reference_manual/html/index.html) it says it can only support CY8CPROTO-062-4343W.

On the other hand, for the examples of CY8CPROTO-062-4343W, they have the dev board connect to an existing AP. I could not find an example of setting the dev board itself as AP and wait for other device to connect to it.

Before using ModusToolbox, I was using WICED Studio and I was able to set CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as AP and had other devices to connect to it via WiFi.

So I have 2 questions:

1. What WiFi libraries do I use to program CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT and utilize its WiFi feature with ModusToolbox? Are they the same as CY8CPROTO-062-4343W?
  2. Is there any example or API I can use to set CY8CKIT-062-WIFI-BT as AP, instead of connecting to AP?

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi Zhengbao,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I just found that the Wi-Fi Host Driver (WHD) library might meet my requirement and here's the link of the library and APIs:

Wi-Fi Host Driver (WHD): WHD Wi-Fi SoftAP API

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Zhengbao_Zhang
250 sign-ins First comment on KBA 10 questions asked

Hello:

I check the CY8CKIT-062-Wifi-BT_kit_guide , the evb is using 4343w.  So I think you can CY8CPROTO-062-4343W directly in Modus.

For AP function, you can check if we release it already,  If no, it may need some time for the release,  You can check other functions to see if the board can work well.

0 Likes

Hi Zhengbao,

Thanks for the reply. Actually I just found that the Wi-Fi Host Driver (WHD) library might meet my requirement and here's the link of the library and APIs:

Wi-Fi Host Driver (WHD): WHD Wi-Fi SoftAP API

Thanks!