How to change a device in ModusToolbox?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
WeGa_288606
Level 4
Level 4
25 sign-ins 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

In PSoC Creator there is a "device selector" for changing the part number of a device. How is this achieved in ModusToolbox? I realize that I can select "Custom Hardware" on a new project but I am trying to figure out how to change a device if the project is existing.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can try recreating the project with the part number of the desired device. 

Just replace the source file and design files of this project with source and design files of the previous project.

are you using a custom board or some psoc kit?

Best Regards

Ekta

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
Ekta_N
750 replies posted First like given 250 solutions authored

Hello,

You can try recreating the project with the part number of the desired device. 

Just replace the source file and design files of this project with source and design files of the previous project.

are you using a custom board or some psoc kit?

Best Regards

Ekta

0 Likes

Hi Ekta,

We are using development kits as well as custom boards that we are developing. Part of our design and development workflow usually involves evaluating various parts or even migrating code from one part to another from previous projects.

Thank you for the help and support.

Wess

0 Likes

Unfortunately, this is not an easy way to do this in ModusToolbox 1.1 like you could with Creator.

We will facilitate this in ModusToolbox 2.0, but I'm not confident it will be as easy as it was in Creator.

I'll know more in a few months.

We are now at ModusToolbox v2.1.

Have there been any improvements to this process?