How can I send messages between 3 CYBT-213043-MESH devices?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jama_4535901
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 25 replies posted

How can I send messages between 3 CYBT-213043-MESH devices?

the picture shows the application

The CYBT-213043-MESH = B1 plate sends the message Hello world to the CYBT-213043-MESH = B2

The CYBT-213043-MES = B2 plate sends the same message Hello world of the variable to the CYBT-213043MESH = B3 board

how can I do this?

What examples can I use on each board?

gh.png

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

Please see the mesh_vendor_specific_app.c.

All valid mesh messages will be handles by mesh_vendor_server_message_handler  and processed in mesh_vendor_server_process_data.

Below lines is to create a mesh reply event from the received mesh event and send it to the originating node. (Note, This application returns the data that it received in the command plus TTL value).

memcpy(p_buffer, p_data, data_len);      //copying the data

p_buffer[data_len] = (uint8_t)p_event->ttl;     // updating the ttl value

mesh_vendor_server_send_data(wiced_bt_mesh_create_reply_event(p_event), MESH_VENDOR_OPCODE2, p_buffer, data_len +1); //sending a mesh reply message.

if you want, you can modify the data processing logic and send any message by creating a mesh event using wiced_bt_mesh_create_event (instead of using wiced_bt_mesh_create_reply_event). Please have a look wiced_bt_mesh_event.h

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

7 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

BLE Mesh generally works on publish - subscribe paradigm. A Mesh node broadcast the message, so that all the nodes in direct range with the transmitting node can see the message. But all these nodes cannot parse the payload and read it's info, instead it can just check the keys associated to the packet  (network key, application key, device key) to understand where the packet should go. If these keys are not matching, then the node which receives the packet will simply relay (retransmitted) the message. In this way the message can be received by a node which is not in direct range with the node which sent the message.

If you wanted to implement a custom model (other than standard model defined by SIG), you can use vendor_specific_app (under mesh snip category).

I would suggest you to go through below documents to understand basic working and architecture of BLE mesh.

App Note: https://www.cypress.com/file/473921/download

Lab Manual: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/CypressAcademy_WBT101_Files: Files for WICED Bluetooth 101 class

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

The CYBT-213043-MESH = A uses the code mesh_privision_client

and sends the message helloworld1 to the cards CYBT-213043-MESH = B AND CYBT-213043-MESH = C, This example already works

CYBT-213043-MESH = B and CYBT-213043-MESH = C boards use the example code mesh_vendor_specific_app

but i want this

I want CYBT-213043-MESH = B AND CYBT-213043-MESH = C boads reply or send a message hello world2 or another message to CYBT-213043-MESH = A

please help me

this pictour shows the aplication

tree.png

0 Likes

Hi,

Please see the mesh_vendor_specific_app.c.

All valid mesh messages will be handles by mesh_vendor_server_message_handler  and processed in mesh_vendor_server_process_data.

Below lines is to create a mesh reply event from the received mesh event and send it to the originating node. (Note, This application returns the data that it received in the command plus TTL value).

memcpy(p_buffer, p_data, data_len);      //copying the data

p_buffer[data_len] = (uint8_t)p_event->ttl;     // updating the ttl value

mesh_vendor_server_send_data(wiced_bt_mesh_create_reply_event(p_event), MESH_VENDOR_OPCODE2, p_buffer, data_len +1); //sending a mesh reply message.

if you want, you can modify the data processing logic and send any message by creating a mesh event using wiced_bt_mesh_create_event (instead of using wiced_bt_mesh_create_reply_event). Please have a look wiced_bt_mesh_event.h

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

Thank you

I sent this message ("12345678") with a board with the code: Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c:

SEND DAATA.PNG

In the code Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_vendor_specific_app with the lines

I can send the data received("12345678") to the UART port as shown in the lines:

void mesh_vendor_server_process_data(wiced_bt_mesh_event_t *p_event, uint8_t *p_data, uint16_t data_len)

{

uint8_t *p_buffer = NULL;

wiced_bt_mesh_event_t * p_reply_event = NULL;

#if defined HCI_CONTROL

wiced_bt_mesh_hci_event_t *p_hci_event;

#endif

WICED_BT_TRACE("Data to UART:%B" , data_len);//I can send the data received("12345678") to the UART

WICED_BT_TRACE("vs process data from:%04x reply:%04x len:%d\n", p_event->src, p_event->reply, data_len);

data to uart.PNG

And now I know that this line sends the message received ("12345678") to another board with the code Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c:

mesh_vendor_server_send_data(p_reply_event, MESH_VENDOR_OPCODE2, p_buffer, data_len +1);

wiced_bt_free_buffer( p_buffer );

But I cannot send a received reply message to the UART port in the code Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c:

I tried to send the received data to the uart port, but these lines of the code do not send it to the uart port as a message ( "12345678"):

extern wiced_bool_t mesh_vendor_client_message_handler(wiced_bt_mesh_event_t *p_event, uint8_t *p_data, uint16_t data_len);

void mesh_vendor_client_process_data(wiced_bt_mesh_event_t *p_event, uint8_t *p_data, uint16_t data_len)

{

#if defined HCI_CONTROL

wiced_bt_mesh_hci_event_t *p_hci_event;

uint32_t elapsed_time_ms = 0;

uint8_t *p_buffer = NULL;

uint8_t *p = NULL;

#endif

WICED_BT_TRACE("Data answered to UART:%B", data_len);

WICED_BT_TRACE("vs process data from:%04x opcode: %x len:%d\n", p_event->src, p_event->opcode, data_len);

DATORESPONDIDO.PNG

please

Can you tell me how can i send the message or response data received to port uart in the code Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_provision_client / mesh_vendor_client.c:?

0 Likes

Hi,

Below line sends a reply message to provision_client app. (Since the message came from it).

mesh_vendor_server_send_data(p_reply_event, MESH_VENDOR_OPCODE2, p_buffer, data_len +1);

Do you want to print the message on PUART? or on ClientControl (which uses the HCI UART)?

mesh_vendor_hci_event_send_data is used to send the received vendor data to the transport. (routed to clientcontrol).

mesh_vendor_client_message_handler is used to print the message PUART message.

I believe both are handled in the existing code.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

n the board with code Mesh_Snip_213043MESH.mesh_vendor_specific_app I can print in WICED Peripheral UART the message sent by provision_client app as shown in the image

I added the line: WICED_BT_TRACE ("Dato:% B \ n", p_data);

pastedImage_6.png

pastedImage_9.png

pastedImage_7.png

but

I want to print the reply message in WICED Peripheral UART on the card with the code provision_client app

I added the line: WICED_BT_TRACE ("Reply message:% B \ n", p_data);

in the function: wiced_bool_t mesh_vendor_client_message_handler (wiced_bt_mesh_event_t * p_event, uint8_t * p_data, uint16_t data_len)

but the reply message does not print correctly: ("123456789101")

the image shows the code and the message in the terminal

in the terminal it shows the message ( "00 04 20 00 c1 03"):

Reply message: 00 04 20 00 c1 03

mesh_vendor_client_message_handler: company_id: 0131 opcode: 2 model_id: ffff

ignored

pastedImage_10.png

pastedImage_11.png

You can check, the reply massage does not enter the function: void mesh_vendor_client_process_data in the board with the code provision_client app

please

help me

in my work we want to buy 3000 CYBT-213043-MESH but because we cannot solve this problem we cannot buy

0 Likes