Eclipse for IDE ModusToolbox2.2 Program and Debug

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
13_4788251
Level 2
Level 2
10 questions asked 5 replies posted 5 questions asked

A new psoc6 generic project is created. After changing the chip, j-link is used to program and debug the device. There is no problem with the program. However, after debugging, the breakpoint is not automatically added at the main function. The program runs directly. After manually adding a breakpoint, a check mark is displayed on the breakpoint, but the program does not stop,please Look at the picture.

コメント 2020-12-07 093908.jpg

After manually adding breakpoints, click the debug box to pause, and the warning as shown in the figure is displayed.コメント 2020-12-07 094047.jpg

コメント 2020-12-07 094127.jpg

How to solve such problems?

0 Likes
1 Solution

In this case, just make sure you set the correct device in PSOC6-GENERIC.mk. No need to change the linker scripts if using the same family.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi 13_4788251​,

Can you please let me know if this issue is specific to the application or if it is observed across applications?

After manually adding breakpoints, click the debug box to pause, and the warning as shown in the figure is displayed.

I am not sure I understand this completely. After manually adding breakpoint did you restart the debug process? Can you try running the debugger and place a breakpoint in the main loop and check if the debugger is responding to the breakpoint?

Are you using a custom BSP? If so, can you please let me know if this issue is observed on the standard BSPs too? Is this issue observed using the KitProg3 or MiniProg4?

Can you please share a snapshot of the Debug and Startup tab of the Run Configuration? To do this please follow the steps below -

1. Click on Run > Run Configurations.
  2. Select JLink Debug launch.
  3. The Debug and Startup tabs will be available in the right panel.

Thanks and Regards,

Rakshith M B

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Hello, thank you for your reply

1.This problem occurs in the modus toolbox 2.2 software. At this time, the PC is connected to the circuit board through J-Link.

2.On other boards, the normal situation should be that after debugging, the breakpoint is automatically added at the main function, and the program stops at this breakpoint, as shown in the figure.

コメント 2020-12-08 090413.jpg

In the console window, the command appears to be executed, but it doesn't stop at the breakpoint

コメント 2020-12-08 090046_LI.jpg

In the above figure box are the commands displayed in the console window after manually adding breakpoints.

3.After the breakpoint was added, the program did not stop, so there was no restart debugging. After a manual pause, restart debugging, the same as when debug was just started.

4.No custom BSP is used, as shown

キャプチャ.PNG

5.The debug and startup configuration is shown in the figure

コメント 2020-12-08 090648.jpg

コメント 2020-12-08 090725.jpg

コメント 2020-12-08 090749.jpg

コメント 2020-12-08 090810.jpg

I look forward to your reply,thanks!

0 Likes

Have you also change the Makefile and linker scripts? The PSOC6-GENERIC BSP comes with linker scripts for the PSoC 6 BLE. Refer to the:

1) PSOC6-GENERIC.mk: Need to change the DEVICE

2) COMPONENT_CM0 and COMPONENT_CM4 folders: the linker script are targeting the cy8c6xx7 device. Are you still using this family? If not, need to change all the linker scripts to the desired family.

0 Likes
13_4788251
Level 2
Level 2

Thank you for your reply

1.No changes have been made to makefile and linker scripts.

2.Device has been changed to required.

3.I'm still using cy8c6xx7 device, should I not need to change it?

0 Likes

In this case, just make sure you set the correct device in PSOC6-GENERIC.mk. No need to change the linker scripts if using the same family.

0 Likes
13_4788251
Level 2
Level 2

Confirmed. Thank you

0 Likes