Could not determine GDB version after sending..

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
daspapendu
Level 1
Level 1
5 sign-ins First solution authored First like received

I am running Modustoolbox2.3.0 on fedora33 and using KY8CKIT-145-40xx kit. Using template application "hello world" example, I am able to build the program, however on running the program I get the following error message:

"Could not determine GDB version after sending: /home/xxxxxx/ModusToolbox/tools_2.3/gcc/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb --version, response:"

how to solve the issue ?

thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Sir,

The problem has been solved.I browsed to the location "home/xxxxxx/ModusToolbox/tools_2.3/gcc/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb --version" where the "arm-none-eabi-gdb" file is located. Opened a terminal(cutecom), to run and see if the file was executable. But it returned an error saying libncurses lib is missing. Using dnfdragora(in fedora33) i installed the libncurses files and the error while programming the PSoc is solved.

Extremely grateful for the valuable suggestions that You have provided.

Thanks & Regards,

Papendu Das

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Rakshith
250 likes received 1000 replies posted 750 replies posted

Hi @daspapendu

Can you please check if you have a debug session that is already running in the Debug tab as shown below or in another ModusToolbox workspace? If so, can you please terminate and close all the sessions?

Rakshith_0-1631607578575.png

Also, please try clicking on Generate Launches option in the Quick Panel. This should regenerate the launches. Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

SIr,

while i run the hello world program, during compiling, i found the following.

"HelloWorld program(kitprog3_miniprog4)[GDB open OCD debugging] message appear in the debug type, but after the compilation is done , the error message " couldnot determine GDB version after sending" appears and the "HelloWorld program(kitprog3_miniprog4)[GDB open OCD debugging] message in the debug tab disappears.

and after clicking on "generate launches" option in the Quick Panel, the same error message " couldnot determine GDB version after sending" appears.

Thanks

0 Likes
Rakshith

Hi @daspapendu

Generate Launches should have regenerated the erroneous launches. Can you please confirm if there was an error when you clicked on Generate Launches? 

Also, please try out the steps mentioned in this thread and let me know if that helps - error with debugging 

If the issue still persists, please share a screenshot of the Debugger tab of your Run Configurations.

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes

Sir,

The problem has been solved.I browsed to the location "home/xxxxxx/ModusToolbox/tools_2.3/gcc/bin/arm-none-eabi-gdb --version" where the "arm-none-eabi-gdb" file is located. Opened a terminal(cutecom), to run and see if the file was executable. But it returned an error saying libncurses lib is missing. Using dnfdragora(in fedora33) i installed the libncurses files and the error while programming the PSoc is solved.

Extremely grateful for the valuable suggestions that You have provided.

Thanks & Regards,

Papendu Das

Rakshith

Hi @daspapendu

Thank you very much for the update! 

Thanks and Regards,
Rakshith M B
0 Likes