mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput -cycfg_pins.h not found

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

I am trying out this example https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput and running into compile errors. 

Attaching the verbose logs and also a listing of all repo's and their versions.

==============================================================================

= Building application =

Generated 1 source file(s)

/Users/venkat/work/pp/bt_sdk/tput_test/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920820EVB-02/generated/lib_installer.c already present, use clean if it needs updating

Building 5 file(s)

Compiling app file tput_server_ble.c

tput_server_ble.c:50:10: fatal error: cycfg_pins.h: No such file or directory

50 | #include "cycfg_pins.h"

|          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~

compilation terminated.

make[1]: *** [/Users/venkat/work/pp/bt_sdk/tput_test/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920820EVB-02/Debug/tput_server_ble.o] Error 1

make: *** [secondstage] Error 2

0 Likes
6 Replies
vsubbiah
Level 5
Level 5
10 solutions authored 10 sign-ins First comment on KBA

Looks like in the post the attachments didn't go through. And I can't seem to attach .log or .txt files.

0 Likes
SheetalJ
First comment on KBA 750 replies posted 500 likes received

Hi @vsubbiah ,

Can you please confirm the MTB and BTSDK version you are using? Also, are you able to attach logs now?

0 Likes
vamsikrishna
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted Welcome!

I am planning to test BLE Throughput Measurement on CYW920721B2EVK-02 boards.

So, i came across one the github repositary (i.e https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput)

Downloaded Modus Toolbox into Linux PC and configured. Tried with both the versions of Modus Toolbox tools (i.e., 2.3.0.4276 and 2.2.0.2801).

Gone through "readme" in "https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput" and executing "In Command-line Interface (CLI)" steps.

Here cloned the latest version(i.e 2.8.0.10492) of "wiced_btsdk" and "mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput" repos into the PC.

As a first step, building "GATT_server" application and observed that build is failing. Logs are attached below.

Questions:
1. While building i got a error that "cycfg_pins.h" is missing. How to get and fix build failure?
2. Observed that one note/suggestion in the log (i.e The build support (base-library such as psoc6make) is referencing a deprecated tools variable. Tools update/patch feature will not work with this version. Update it to a newer version to use this feature). Recommend me which  version shall i use?

```
vamsi@packetp:~/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server$ make build TARGET=CYW920721B2EVK-02

INFO: The build support (base-library such as psoc6make) is referencing a deprecated tools variable. Tools update/patch feature will not work with this version. Update it to a newer version to use this feature.

Running bt-configurator to update stale files...
--config=/home/vamsi/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/./cycfg_bt.cybt
Target File Path=/home/vamsi/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/cycfg_bt.cybt
INFO: The configuration file was last saved with a different version of the configurator than was used to perform code generation. Last saved with: Bluetooth Configurator 2.1. Current: Bluetooth Configurator 2.30.
Successfully saved file /home/vamsi/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/GeneratedSource/cycfg_gatt_db.h.
Successfully saved file /home/vamsi/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/GeneratedSource/cycfg_gatt_db.c.
Success.
-> Generated bt configuration file(s) in ./GeneratedSource
make -C ../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/bsp/TARGET_CYW920721B2EVK-02 build OTA_FW_UPGRADE=0 CY_APP_DEFINES+="-DWICED_BT_TRACE_ENABLE" CY_TARGET_DEVICE=20721B2 TARGET=CYW920721B2EVK-02
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/vamsi/work/modus/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/bsp/TARGET_CYW920721B2EVK-02'

INFO: The build support (base-library such as psoc6make) is referencing a deprecated tools variable. Tools update/patch feature will not work with this version. Update it to a newer version to use this feature.

Prebuild operations complete
Commencing build operations...

Initializing build: CYW920721B2EVK-02_bsp Debug CYW920721B2EVK-02 GCC_ARM

Auto-discovery in progress...
-> Found 1 .c file(s)
-> Found 0 .S file(s)
-> Found 0 .s file(s)
-> Found 0 .cpp file(s)
-> Found 0 .o file(s)
-> Found 0 .a file(s)
-> Found 1 .h file(s)
-> Found 0 .hpp file(s)
-> Found 0 resource file(s)
Applying filters...
Auto-discovery complete

Constructing build rules...
Build rules construction complete

= Building application =
Building 1 file(s)
= Build complete =

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/vamsi/work/modus/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/bsp/TARGET_CYW920721B2EVK-02'
make -C ../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20721B2 build OTA_FW_UPGRADE=0 CY_APP_DEFINES+="-DWICED_BT_TRACE_ENABLE" CY_TARGET_DEVICE=20721B2 TARGET=CYW920721B2EVK-02
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/vamsi/work/modus/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20721B2'

Initializing build: 20721B2_baselib Debug CYW920721B2EVK-02 GCC_ARM

-> Found 2 .c file(s)
-> Found 0 .S file(s)
-> Found 0 .s file(s)
-> Found 0 .cpp file(s)
-> Found 0 .o file(s)
-> Found 15 .a file(s)
-> Found 129 .h file(s)
-> Found 0 .hpp file(s)
Applying filters...
Auto-discovery complete

= Building application =
Building 4 file(s)
= Build complete =

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/vamsi/work/modus/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20721B2'
generated /home/vamsi/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920721B2EVK-02/Debug/BLE_Throughput_GATTServer.ld

Initializing build: BLE_Throughput_GATTServer Debug CYW920721B2EVK-02 GCC_ARM

-> Found 4 .c file(s)
-> Found 0 .S file(s)
-> Found 0 .s file(s)
-> Found 0 .cpp file(s)
-> Found 0 .o file(s)
-> Found 0 .a file(s)
-> Found 3 .h file(s)
-> Found 0 .hpp file(s)
Applying filters...
Auto-discovery complete

= Building application =
Generated 1 source file(s)
generated /home/vamsi/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920721B2EVK-02/generated/lib_installer.c
Building 5 file(s)
Compiling app file cycfg_gatt_db.c
Compiling app file app_bt_cfg.c
Compiling app file tput_server.c
Compiling app file tput_server_ble.c
tput_server_ble.c:50:10: fatal error: cycfg_pins.h: No such file or directory
50 | #include "cycfg_pins.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20721B2/make/core/build.mk:350: /home/vamsi/work/modus/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920721B2EVK-02/Debug/tput_server_ble.o] Error 1
make: *** [../../wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20721B2/make/core/main.mk:350: secondstage] Error 2

```

0 Likes
NidhiH_76
Employee
Employee
5 likes given 10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins

Hi @vamsikrishna , @vsubbiah , 

The application is still at version v1.1.0. It cannot be used with MTB 2.2 and above. 
Please refer to https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-Blog/Migrating-BTSDK-applications-from-ModusToolbox-2-... to use the application with MTB 2.2 and WICED BTSDK 2.8

After following the blog, if you have any difficulties in getting it to work, please let us know. 

Thanks,

Nidhi Hegde

0 Likes

Hi @NidhiH_76 / @SheetalJ ,

I cloned https://github.com/cypresssemiconductorco/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput repository on Windows 10 and trying to build GATT_server application for target CYW920706WCDEVAL.

By following instructions in https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-Blog/Migrating-BTSDK-applications-from-ModusToolbox-2-...
Through library-manager 1.2.0, deps and libs folders were updated.
Through bt-configurator 2.20.0,  design.cybt was updated.

Then, imported GATT_server project in Eclipse IDE for ModusToolbox 2.2. I am observing the following build errors. Could you please help to resolve these errors?

Note: If I want to use CYW920721B2EVK-02 board, I do not see support for this board in ModusToolbox 2.2. Could you please help?

Compiling C:/Users/iamar/mtw/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920706WCDEVAL/generated/lib_installer.c  -DWICED_BT_TRACE_ENABLE -DWICED_HCI_TRANSPORT_UART=1 -DWICED_HCI_TRANSPORT_SPI=2 -DWICED_HCI_TRANSPORT=1  -DHCI_UART_MAX_BAUD=4000000 -DHCI_UART_DEFAULT_BAUD=3000000 -DSS_LOCATION=0 -DVS_LOCATION=4096 -DDS_LOCATION=16384 -DDS2_LOCATION=270336 -DCYW20706A2=1 -DBCM20706A2=1 -DBCM20706=1 -DCYW20706=1 -DCHIP=20706 -DAPP_CHIP=20706 -DOTA_CHIP=20706 -DCHIP_REV_A_20706A2=1 -DBCM20703 -DBUILDCFG -DCOMPILER_ARM -DSPAR_APP_SETUP=application_setup -D__TARGET_CPU_CORTEX_M3 -D__ARMCC_VERSION=400677 -DPLATFORM='"CYW920706WCDEVAL"' -DCYW920706WCDEVAL -DCY_PATCH_ENTRIES_BASE=123 -DWICED_SDK_MAJOR_VER=4 -DWICED_SDK_MINOR_VER=1 -DWICED_SDK_REV_NUMBER=3 -DWICED_SDK_BUILD_NUMBER=59500  -DSPAR_CRT_SETUP=spar_crt_setup -DCOMPONENT_20706A2 -DCOMPONENT_SOFTFP -DCOMPONENT_bsp_design_modus -DCOMPONENT_btstack_v1 -DCY_SUPPORTS_DEVICE_VALIDATION -DCYW20706UA2KFFB4G -I. -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X/COMPONENT_20706A2 -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X/COMPONENT_20706A2/WICED -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X/COMPONENT_20706A2/WICED/common -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X/COMPONENT_20706A2/include -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X/COMPONENT_20706A2/include/hal -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X/COMPONENT_20706A2/include/internal -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/baselib/20706A2/latest-v4.X/COMPONENT_20706A2/include/stack -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/bsp/TARGET_CYW920706WCDEVAL/release-v4.1.3 -I../../mtb_shared/wiced_btsdk/dev-kit/btsdk-include/latest-v4.X -I./GeneratedSource
app_bt_cfg.c:137:10: error: 'wiced_bt_cfg_gatt_settings_t' {aka 'struct <anonymous>'} has no member named 'max_mtu_size'
  137 |         .max_mtu_size                   = 247                                                         /**< Maximum MTU size for GATT connections, should be between 23 and (max_attr_len + 5) */
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:137:43: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  137 |         .max_mtu_size                   = 247                                                         /**< Maximum MTU size for GATT connections, should be between 23 and (max_attr_len + 5) */
      |                                           ^~~
app_bt_cfg.c:137:43: note: (near initialization for 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings.gatt_cfg')
app_bt_cfg.c:159:10: error: 'wiced_bt_cfg_l2cap_application_t' {aka 'struct <anonymous>'} has no member named 'max_le_l2cap_fixed_channels'
  159 |         .max_le_l2cap_fixed_channels    = 0                                                           /**< Maximum number of application managed fixed channels supported (in addition to mandatory channels 4, 5 and 6). > */
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:159:43: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  159 |         .max_le_l2cap_fixed_channels    = 0                                                           /**< Maximum number of application managed fixed channels supported (in addition to mandatory channels 4, 5 and 6). > */
      |                                           ^
app_bt_cfg.c:159:43: note: (near initialization for 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings.l2cap_application')
app_bt_cfg.c:167:10: error: 'wiced_bt_cfg_avdt_t' {aka 'struct <anonymous>'} has no member named 'max_seps'
  167 |         .max_seps                       = 0                                                           /**< Maximum number of stream end points */
      |          ^~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:167:43: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  167 |         .max_seps                       = 0                                                           /**< Maximum number of stream end points */
app_bt_cfg.c:167:43: note: (near initialization for 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings.avdt_cfg')
app_bt_cfg.c:180:6: error: 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t' {aka 'const struct <anonymous>'} has no member named 'max_number_of_buffer_pools'
  180 |     .max_number_of_buffer_pools         = 4,                                                          /**< Maximum number of buffer pools in p_btm_cfg_buf_pools and by wiced_create_pool */
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:183:6: error: 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t' {aka 'const struct <anonymous>'} has no member named 'rpa_refresh_timeout'
  183 |     .rpa_refresh_timeout                = WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_RANDOM_ADDRESS_NEVER_CHANGE,           /**< Interval of  random address refreshing - secs */
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:183:43: error: 'WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_RANDOM_ADDRESS_NEVER_CHANGE' undeclared here (not in a function)
  183 |     .rpa_refresh_timeout                = WICED_BT_CFG_DEFAULT_RANDOM_ADDRESS_NEVER_CHANGE,           /**< Interval of  random address refreshing - secs */
      |                                           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:185:6: error: 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t' {aka 'const struct <anonymous>'} has no member named 'ble_filter_accept_list_size'
  185 |     .ble_filter_accept_list_size        = 0,                                                          /**< Maximum number of white list devices allowed. Cannot be more than 128 */
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:185:43: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  185 |     .ble_filter_accept_list_size        = 0,                                                          /**< Maximum number of white list devices allowed. Cannot be more than 128 */
app_bt_cfg.c:185:43: note: (near initialization for 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings')
app_bt_cfg.c:188:6: error: 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings_t' {aka 'const struct <anonymous>'} has no member named 'default_ble_power_level'
  188 |     .default_ble_power_level            = 12                                                          /**< Default LE power level, Refer lm_TxPwrTable table for the power range */
      |      ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
app_bt_cfg.c:188:43: warning: excess elements in struct initializer
  188 |     .default_ble_power_level            = 12                                                          /**< Default LE power level, Refer lm_TxPwrTable table for the power range */
      |                                           ^~
app_bt_cfg.c:188:43: note: (near initialization for 'wiced_bt_cfg_settings')
make[1]: *** [../../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/build.mk:377: C:/Users/iamar/mtw/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920706WCDEVAL/Debug/app_bt_cfg.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
tput_server_le.c:53:10: fatal error: cycfg_pins.h: No such file or directory
   53 | #include "cycfg_pins.h"
      |          ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
make[1]: *** [../../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/build.mk:377: C:/Users/iamar/mtw/mtb-example-btsdk-ble-throughput/GATT_server/build/CYW920706WCDEVAL/Debug/tput_server_le.o] Error 1
make: *** [../../mtb_shared/core-make/release-v1.9.1/make/core/main.mk:434: secondstage_build] Error 2
"C:/Users/iamar/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2/modus-shell/bin/make CY_MAKE_IDE=eclipse CY_MAKE_IDE_VERSION=2.2 CY_IDE_TOOLS_DIR=C:/Users/iamar/ModusToolbox/tools_2.2 -j4 all" terminated with exit code 2. Build might be incomplete.

20:44:19 Build Failed. 13 errors, 5 warnings. (took 5s.866ms)

0 Likes

Hi @NidhiH_76 / @SheetalJ ,

This is a followup. Could you please help in resolving the above issue?

Also, I have CYW920719Q40EVB-01 but ModusToolbox 2.2 supports CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 version and B2 version has BLE throughput example. May I know if it is possible to run this example on CYW920719Q40EVB-01 with any changes in the code?

Thanks,

Aravind.

0 Likes