Why do CYBT-213043-MESH boards come out of the mesh network after several days?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
cera_4813796
Level 1
Level 1
5 questions asked 5 sign-ins First reply posted

hi

I have 2 CYBT-213043-MESH kit

I use modustoolbox 2.1

I use controlclient app

and I use a CYBT-213043-MESH board with the code, Mesh_provisiont_client ...

I have a problem with the CYBT-213043-MESH kit

I provisioned 8 CYBT-213043-MESH boards to a single network

each board has the example code mesh_vendor_specific

The boars work fine for a few days, but sometimes 3 of the 8 plates come out of the mesh net, and this happens after about 4 days.

Why are these cards being deprovisioned from the network?

Is there a code function that allows me to reconnect these boards to the mesh network automatically without using the client control tool a second time?

or how can I prevent the plates from slipping out of the mesh net?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi,

I have checked the code. But I couldn't reproduce the issue.

The device does not leave the network and does not disconnect with the meshclient. Please have a look at the logs.

The function mesh_vendor_server_send_adv_data() is supposed to publish the adv data when the device observe some advertisement.

If you have the failure logs, please share with us so that we can take a look at it.

Please note, I have tested it by provisioning using MeshClient application.

I used Modustoolbox 2,2 with BTSDK2.8. But I have replaced the mesh_vendor_specific_app.c,mesh_vendor_specific_app..h and mesh_application.c files taken from the previous response.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

Did you confirm that the device goes to un-provisioned state by checking the logs?

Please get the non-reachable device, start collecting the puart logs and do a reset. The logs will show you whether it is still in provisioned state or in unprovisioned state.

We have not seen this behavior which automatically puts the device into unprovisioned state.

Usually, we provision the mesh devices using a provisioner app (i.e. ClientControl+mesh_provision_client, MeshClient or IOS/Android App), configure the network and control (on/off/level/...) it. If the provisioner goes off or out of the range, it gets disconnect the from the mesh network. In this case you have to initiate a reconnection (GATT proxy connection) from the provisioner side (Click on "connect" to network button) in-order to control/operate the mesh network again. Since the devices are already in provisioned state, no need to provision it again.

Could you please collect some logs from the device so that we can understand when and why the device shows the behavior?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

I used a board with the provisiont_client code example

I use clientcontrolmesh

ms.PNG

and I use another 8 boards with the mehs_vendor_specific example

I use the example that appears in this thread https://community.cypress.com/message/238034#238034

I add a timer, every 100 ms it sends the message hello

and I see that when it does not send data and the message "send_adv_data not configured for publications" appears, the board leaves the mesh and no longer enters

or simply if I edit this part of the code as it appears in the image. to check when it is in the mesh and when it is not in the mesh, after a few seconds the board leaves the mesh

outmesh.PNG

when it restarts it connects, but then it exits the mesh again, and sometimes when it restarts it does not reconnect to the mesh,

desaprovisionamiento.PNG

I want to know how I can make the board reconnect to the mesh automatically without restarting it

please

Can you do this test and check how I solve the problem?

0 Likes

Hi,

May I know where you have added the timer and sending the "Hello" message?

Also, did you try increasing the time delay from 100ms to something bigger like 1000ms or above?

If possible, please share your the code snippet with us so that we can try to reproduce the error at our side and debug it.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Here I share the link to download the codes, to upload them to a CYBT-213043-MESH board and you can see how the board leaves the mesh network,

I need it to be in 100ms because I need the data to be sent as fast as possible

please can you check,

Can you check how I can reconnect to the mesh network automatically without using Controlclient app etc etc?

http://www.mediafire.com/folder/hf2aosi5ktr3i/out+of+mesh

0 Likes

Hi,

I have checked the code. But I couldn't reproduce the issue.

The device does not leave the network and does not disconnect with the meshclient. Please have a look at the logs.

The function mesh_vendor_server_send_adv_data() is supposed to publish the adv data when the device observe some advertisement.

If you have the failure logs, please share with us so that we can take a look at it.

Please note, I have tested it by provisioning using MeshClient application.

I used Modustoolbox 2,2 with BTSDK2.8. But I have replaced the mesh_vendor_specific_app.c,mesh_vendor_specific_app..h and mesh_application.c files taken from the previous response.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes