Read and send voltage level data of an external battery with ble mesh

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jama_4535901
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello

i have the kit with 4 CYBT-213043-MESH

I am using the vendor specificr code to send messages to other meetings through the MESH NETWORK

I want the board with the specific vendor code to read the voltage level of a 3.3v battery and send this battery voltage level message to other boards through the mesh network,

Do you have an example code to use?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

We don't have a modified version of mesh_vendor_specific code to read and publish the battery voltage.

mesh_vendor_specific_app is an application which demonstrates how to implement custom (vendor) mesh model.

SIG has defined a Generic Battery model in the mesh spec. The implementation is demonstrated in mesh_battery_server/client under snip mesh category. (Link)

Please refer spec for more details. https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

We don't have a modified version of mesh_vendor_specific code to read and publish the battery voltage.

mesh_vendor_specific_app is an application which demonstrates how to implement custom (vendor) mesh model.

SIG has defined a Generic Battery model in the mesh spec. The implementation is demonstrated in mesh_battery_server/client under snip mesh category. (Link)

Please refer spec for more details. https://www.bluetooth.com/specifications/mesh-specifications/

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Thank you

I code load mesh_baterry server to one board and code privision_client / battery_client to another board

I provided the board with code battery_server with MESH CLIENT CONTROL APP, but I don't know how to check the battery level with MESH CLIENT CONTROL APP,

Can you explain me ? How to check the battery level with MESH CLIENT CONTROL APP?

batery.PNG

batery2.PNG

Another question, can I combine the vendor specific code that you provided to me in this link with the battery_server code?we need help with BLE MESH

I want that in addition to the board with the vendor specific code sending the scanned mac and rrssi data that it scans, this board also sends the battery level it uses

0 Likes

Hi,

You will have to use appropriate Destination Address and App Key Index in the ClinctControl models tab.

Please check the NetworkName.JSON file created by the clientcontrol to get the appKeys and index. Please use Setup app key index for GET and SET commands.

For example: (In my network)

"appKeys":[

{

"name":"Generic",

"index":708,

"key":"58F1DDE49F69C672575BE867A81AD853",

"boundNetKey":0

},

{

"name":"Setup",

"index":3056,

"key":"5C0145154199EB1991D3FAEE4556D08C",

},

{

"name":"Vendor",

"index":2122,

"key":"EF594281822F490A47059FC23245120A",

}

],

Yes, you can implement multiple models in an element.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj