I2S Configuration MTB / Device Configurator 2.1

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
ChCh_3584941
Level 4
Level 4
50 sign-ins 25 replies posted 25 sign-ins

Back In October I had asked a question about disabling I2S Data-Out pin and reassigning a different (GPIO) function to the pin. 

I2S Configuration in MTB / Device Configurator V2.1

A response was provided that indicated that there would be an option in the Device Configurator to disable the 'TX' functionality for the I2S block and then the pin could be reassigned.

However when running the Configurator for the CYW20719B2 chip, I do not see that option available and the Data Out pin must be assigned to get the Configurator to complete without error.

How can I over-ride this pre-assigned functionality and utilize the pin as a general purpose GPIO?

0 Likes
1 Solution
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi ChCh_3584941 ,

Can you please let me know if you are using I2S block in your application or not? Are you using A2DP source profile?

If you are not using , then you can disable I2S pin block itself in Device Configurator just by unselecting I2S resources.

If not, you can try using the API wiced_hal_gpio_select_function () inside the application code to select the specific pin and assign it as GPIO functionality. Can you please try and let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Anjana

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
AnjanaM_61
5 comments on KBA First comment on KBA 5 questions asked

Hi ChCh_3584941 ,

Can you please let me know if you are using I2S block in your application or not? Are you using A2DP source profile?

If you are not using , then you can disable I2S pin block itself in Device Configurator just by unselecting I2S resources.

If not, you can try using the API wiced_hal_gpio_select_function () inside the application code to select the specific pin and assign it as GPIO functionality. Can you please try and let us know if it helps?

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

Yes we are using the I2S block along with the A2DP profile.

Since we are using a customized BSP, I was able to directly edit the cycfg_pins.c and cycfg_routing.h files in the GeneratedSource folder. (I assume that this puts these file 'out of sync' with the design.modus file for the Configurator)

I have verified that these changes enable GPIO functionality on the pin the was previously assigned as "I2S Data-Out" by Device Configurator.  However, I have not yet verified that the A2DP block continues to function properly  (we are several weeks away from having the A2DP profile fully functional).  It would be good to receive some guidance about this and if we should expect A2DP to function properly.

0 Likes