How to Select Program Target in ModusToolBox?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
GrCa_1363456
Level 6
Level 6
50 likes received Beta tester First comment on KBA

Can ModusToolBox select which device to program if multiple devices are connected to the PC running Modus?

I'm working with the EZ-BT Mesh Eval kit, CYBT-213043-MESH. How can I leave all four boards plugged in and select which board to re-program?

The boards all show up in Device Manager as Com Port HCI/Peripheral pairs: 15/14; 16/17; 20/19; 24/23.

Aside: It's interesting that the HCI port is NOT always the higher numbered COM port.

Programming a device, appears to select the first serial port found - COM15.

MIxing the COM Ports around by unplugging and re-plugging in each one, (now: 16/19; 22/21; 26/25/ 52/53) Programming selects COM16.

How can I select the target COM port?

Is there a way to poll which device is attached to which COM port from within MODUS?

Greg

0 Likes
1 Solution
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

1. Please right click on the project mainapp and select change application setting...

pastedImage_0.png

2. Set the UART port in the configuration. The default setting is AUTO.

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

1. Please right click on the project mainapp and select change application setting...

pastedImage_0.png

2. Set the UART port in the configuration. The default setting is AUTO.

pastedImage_0.png

Owen,

Thank you! That worked.

Note: The default word that was in the UART: box, "AUTO" is case sensitive.

After picking a specific port, then re-setting back to default, I typed "auto", which failed to find any serial port.

When identifying a specific serial port, either COMxx or comxx work.

Greg

0 Likes