How can I find the unique factory ID of the BLE module?

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jama_4535901
Level 3
Level 3
10 sign-ins 5 sign-ins 25 replies posted

Hello

I am using modus toolbox

I want to know how I can print in WICED UART Peripheral the united identifier ID of the CYBT-233043-02

I used the mac address as an identifier but it always changes every time a new network is created, I want to know if the unique identifier ID never changes

or what unique identifier has each module cybt-213043-02, that never changes, that is from the factory, and how can I print it on WICED UART?

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

You can set BT device address for your BT device in the makefile of the application. Change BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS to an appropriate address. Is this what you are looking for?

BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS?=default

The BT address is 6 bytes, for example 20819A10FFEE. By default, the SDK will set a BDA for your device by combining the 7 hex digit device ID with the last 5 hex digits of the host PC MAC address.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

You can set BT device address for your BT device in the makefile of the application. Change BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS to an appropriate address. Is this what you are looking for?

BT_DEVICE_ADDRESS?=default

The BT address is 6 bytes, for example 20819A10FFEE. By default, the SDK will set a BDA for your device by combining the 7 hex digit device ID with the last 5 hex digits of the host PC MAC address.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

We are going to buy 4000 CYBT-213043-02 modules, BUT I DO NOT WANT TO BE LOADING DIFFERENT CODES WITH THE ABT_DEVICE_ADDRESS LINE modified, it is tedious for us,

I want use an ID or some identifier that the BLE module already has as an example what is mentioned in this thread How to get PSOC 6 device ID or something unique id to differentiating chip

but I want to get a factory identifier that has each module as the factory ID or something like that for CYBT-21304-02,

0 Likes

Hi jama_4535901 ,

There is no Unique ID for 20xx based devices like PSoC devices. The only way is - you can set unique BD address to each modules during production programming time at your side as DheerajP_41  suggested.

Regards,

Anjana

0 Likes

I understand

I will have to assign an identifier with the device number and the name( Network name) of the network

when I create a network with MeshClientControl APP for example Mesh Name: RED1 (as shown in the image)

and then provision the other nodes

in the provisioning code client / vendor client, where the network name is stored: RED1

Where can I get the network name: RED 1 in the code? to print it with the line

WICED_BT_TRACE ("MESH NAME:% B \ n", saved_mesh_name);

I tried to find where the Network name is saved but I can't find it in the code in Modustoolboxnetwork.PNG

0 Likes

Hi,

The network name is stored in the JSON file which is the database of the provisioner. You will have to read it from it.

Please check mesh_client_lib/meshdb.c for implementation of routines for database operations.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

I try that the code vendor specific prints the name of the network with a function that I add in the code mesh_client_lib / meshdb.c as shown in the image, but it is not working,

Could you help me?

MESHNAME.PNG

0 Likes