Enable ERTM on L2CAP server

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
jema_4577621
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello,

I would like to enable ERTM on the L2CAP services over BR/EDR link.

I have tried to enable FCR through the wiced_bt_l2cap_appl_information_t structure (fcr_present set to true and fcr.mode set to 0x3) but it does not seem to work. I also tried to call wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable function, but its documentation is not clear so I am not really sure but it actually does.

Does anyone know how to enable ERTM properly on my link? Do you know what wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable does?

Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable() uses to enabled Enhanced retransmission mode for the L2CAP channel, which is usually require when using AMP that uses IEEE3 802.11 to deliver Physical Layer data rates of up to hundreds of megabits per second. 

Calling wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable() should enable the mode. How are you verifying it?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable() uses to enabled Enhanced retransmission mode for the L2CAP channel, which is usually require when using AMP that uses IEEE3 802.11 to deliver Physical Layer data rates of up to hundreds of megabits per second. 

Calling wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable() should enable the mode. How are you verifying it?

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes
jema_4577621
Level 1
Level 1
First reply posted First question asked Welcome!

Hello Dheeraj,

Thanks for your reply.
Do we obtain the same results by setting fcr.mode to 0x3 in wiced_bt_l2cap_fcr_options_t structure or by calling wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable?

Regards,

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I do not think so. wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable()  setting separate register values to enable the ERTM.

Calling wiced_bt_l2cap_ertm_enable is the right way to enable ERTM.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes