Empty project build fail

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
lock attach
Attachments are accessible only for community members.
wizzbert
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

While trying to build the "empty_project", I get a build error that it can not link to the elf file. Build output is attached. 

It is not building the elf file for the empty project.  I have no idea why or even where to check the specification that it build the elf file.

I compared the empty project to the "Hello_senor" project. Makefile, and all settings look similar (save directory changes). 

0 Likes
1 Solution
DheerajPK_41
750 replies posted 500 likes received 500 replies posted

Hi,

I couldn't reproduce this error. 

In my system, I have Modustoolbox 2.2 with 2.2.1 patch. I created a workspace, Clicked on "New Application", selected CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 platform and selected empty BTSDK application. After creating this application, I clicked on the build option and it simply worked (compiled) for me without any issue.  I hope you have also done the same steps.

I would like to know few things:-

• Do you have multiple versions of modustoolbox (v2.2 and previous as well) installed in your system.
  • May I know which BTSDK version are you using? (Check  the "version.xml" in empty BTSDK application which is imported and also in "mtb_shared\wiced_btsdk\dev-kit\bsp\TARGET_CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01\release-v2.x.x\version.xml") 
  • Please try to create a new fresh workspace using the latest Modustoolbox 2.2 and import the empty BTSDK app once again as I mentioned above (Click on "New Application" from "quick Panel" menu). Also, please Clean and Build the application.
  • Did you try to install the latest Modustoolbox 2.2.1 patch? If not please install it.

Could you please .zip your empty BTSDK application and share it with us? We will try to reproduce the issue with the same app in our systems.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
wizzbert
Level 1
Level 1
10 sign-ins 5 replies posted 5 sign-ins

Sorry, this is for CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01, using ModusToolbox 2.2

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

May I know whether you are using the Modustoolbox IDE for building the Hello_senor project or using the command line?

I tried to compile the project it was successfully. May I know the exact steps to you proceeded to reproduce the error? Please try to clean and build again the project with the right target name on the application makefile. 

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Sure. I am using the IDE.

But as I said, the hello_sensor builds, the EMPTY project does not build.

0 Likes
DheerajPK_41

Hi,

I couldn't reproduce this error. 

In my system, I have Modustoolbox 2.2 with 2.2.1 patch. I created a workspace, Clicked on "New Application", selected CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01 platform and selected empty BTSDK application. After creating this application, I clicked on the build option and it simply worked (compiled) for me without any issue.  I hope you have also done the same steps.

I would like to know few things:-

• Do you have multiple versions of modustoolbox (v2.2 and previous as well) installed in your system.
  • May I know which BTSDK version are you using? (Check  the "version.xml" in empty BTSDK application which is imported and also in "mtb_shared\wiced_btsdk\dev-kit\bsp\TARGET_CYW920719B2Q40EVB-01\release-v2.x.x\version.xml") 
  • Please try to create a new fresh workspace using the latest Modustoolbox 2.2 and import the empty BTSDK app once again as I mentioned above (Click on "New Application" from "quick Panel" menu). Also, please Clean and Build the application.
  • Did you try to install the latest Modustoolbox 2.2.1 patch? If not please install it.

Could you please .zip your empty BTSDK application and share it with us? We will try to reproduce the issue with the same app in our systems.

Thanks,

-Dheeraj

0 Likes

Here are the answers to your questions. My answers are preceded by >>>

• >>>No, just the single install.
  •  
  • >>>>2.5.0.7341
  • >>>I have the latest version and the patch. I have cleaned and built (and deleted and reinstalled several times).
  • >>>Yes, I installed the patch... per the sites instructions.

Looking at the flurry of activity, I think the issue might be that the offline BTSDK I got from: 

ModusToolbox offline libraries - Cypress Developer Community

is too old. Is the version of the BTSDK, 2.9, available for offline? I have no option to connect the development machine to the internet to be online.

0 Likes