Download firmware to CYW920819evb through HCI Uart

Tip / Sign in to post questions, reply, level up, and achieve exciting badges. Know more

cross mob
llll_2991886
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First question asked

I want to download the firmware to the board throught hci uart and read the flash, are there any related demo code or documents, thanks.

0 Likes
1 Solution

The HCI UART is configured in the parameter const wiced_transport_cfg_t transport_cfg. You can find it in the hello_sensor demo.

Please find the OTA demo below: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox: These examples demonstrate th... .   Located in Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox-master\CYW920819EVB-02\apps\snip\ota_firmware_upgrade.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
Owen_Zhang123
5 questions asked 500 solutions authored 250 sign-ins

Please refer to the document WICED-HCI-Control-Protocol.pdf in ModusToolbox_1.1\libraries\bt_20819A1-1.0\docs\BT-SDK.

0 Likes
llll_2991886
Level 1
Level 1
5 replies posted 5 questions asked First question asked

The Uart of my device is connected to the CYW920819evb's HCI Uart, and I want to communicate with hci uart. If my device wants to send the fireware to the CYW board, how can i confige the hci uart?

0 Likes

The default baudrate is 115200 and you can speed up it by sending vendor-specific UPDATE_BAUDRATE command. Please refer to the doc I mentioned before in chapter 2.6.

0 Likes

Thanks, the document you referred is helpful. I know the hci commands needed to upate firmware and as well as the format.

However, i still have same questions

1. After my board connected to CYW92018evb by hci uart, what functions should I call to config the hci uart in order to communicate with my device?  As far as I know, in order to use PUART,  wiced_hal_puart_init is called to init the uart,  wiced_hal_puart_read and  wiced_hal_puart_print  are used for reading and writing(refer to the pic below). Are there functions like those for hci uart to write and read. Any demo code from github?

pastedImage_2.png

2.Is there any demo code about OTA_upgrade_firmware(refer below)

pastedImage_4.png

3. Where can I get the clientcontrol.exe installation package?

4. I have got the img file(.hex), can I use clientcontrol.exe to download to the board.

0 Likes

The HCI UART is configured in the parameter const wiced_transport_cfg_t transport_cfg. You can find it in the hello_sensor demo.

Please find the OTA demo below: GitHub - cypresssemiconductorco/Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox: These examples demonstrate th... .   Located in Code-Examples-BT-SDK-for-ModusToolbox-master\CYW920819EVB-02\apps\snip\ota_firmware_upgrade.

0 Likes