cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ModusToolbox Bluetooth SDK

anje_2248446
New Contributor II

Hello @DheerajPK_41 

I had posted a questions a few months back here: https://community.cypress.com/t5/ModusToolbox-Bluetooth-SDK/Device-wake-gpio-and-gpio-irq-with-the-s...

In that post you posted a answer saying if host is not in connection and want device to go to sleep we should select WICED_SLEEP_MODE_NO_TRANSPORT as sleep mode.

anje_2248446_0-1631630094783.png

So, I just wanted to clarify, We are having a standalone application and host wake pin is not connected to anything. So we have to use WICED_SLEEP_MODE_NO_TRANSPORT as sleep mode or is it possible to use WICED_SLEEP_MODE_TRANSPORT as sleep mode even though host is not in the picture ? If yes can you point out to any example with such scenario ?

anje_2248446_1-1631630191051.png

Thanks,

Aniket Jesu

0 Likes
3 Replies
Owen_Zhang123

The HOST_WAKE is an output pin to wakeup the host device. 

You need to use WICED_SLEEP_MODE_NO_TRANSPORT if don't have a host device.

0 Likes
anje_2248446
New Contributor II

Thanks @Owen_Zhang123 for the reply. I tried the WICED_SLEEP_MODE_NO_TRANSPORT. Device seems to go to sleep mode (as sleep permit handler stops getting called once the permissions are allowed WICED_SLEEP_ALLOWED_WITH_SHUTDOWN and WICED_SLEEP_MAX_TIME_TO_SLEEP) and device seems to wake up once the gpio interrupt is called with button press.

But I did not see device reboot after wake up (not a cold boot nor a fast boot), can you please clarify after device wake up will there be a reboot for sure if it enters SDS mode? OR the device enters only in PDS mode when WICED_SLEEP_MODE_NO_TRANSPORT is configured as sleep mode  so there is no reboot observed ?

Update: Now I have added the sleep config to throughput example, with this I can see the device goes to sleep (I think SDS mode) but the device wakes up immediately from the sleep (without gpio button press) and reboots also I can see a fast boot in the logs.

Can you please help out to figure out what is happening here ?

Log:

********** BLUETOOTH LE THROUGHPUT MEASUREMENT : SERVER DEVICE **********
WICED_SLEEP_FAST_BOOT
Advertising......

Code attached here.

Thanks,

aniket

0 Likes
Owen_Zhang123

The device can come out of SDS mode due to Bluetooth activity, timer expiration, or an LHL interrupt.

In your configuration file app_bt_cfg.c, the advertising duration is set to 0 which means infinite. The device might be wake up by the adv event.

Please refer to the following AN for the sleep mode: https://www.cypress.com/file/415986/download

0 Likes